• So, is there any way of using JBOD in OMV? I've got 2 x 3tb disks and 2x500gb disks.. I'm wanting to mirror the 500gb disks and put important stuff on them, and then JBOD the 2x3tb disks as one 6tb volume so that if one disk fails then i still at least have what was on the remaining disk.
    The way i understand it, Linear works in much the same was as RAID0 in that if one disk dies then the data is all still irretrievable :|

• Offizieller Beitrag

Linear raid is JBOD but if one drive fails, you lose everything. Same with Raid 0 except it is faster. You would be better to leave them as separate volumes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Give a try on the greyhole plugin...

see http://www.greyhole.net for more explainations ;)

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups