• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Yeah, I be it's way less then what Karle is paying....

yes of course ... here in germany the prices for electrical energy are very high ... i was just looking. I pay around 0,25 €/kWh -> this means 0,34 $ / kWh with the actual dollar/euro price ... wow more than 3 times more.

• I think it is mistake to totally abandon nuclear. If you look at growth rate of energy needs it was bad decision. Even when you look at Fukushima or other Nuclear disasters it is still by far a very safe form of energy.

PS- It was very stupid where the Japanese put those plants. It should never have happened.

• But its a lie that the switch to renewable energizes is the cause of climbing energy costs...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Your rapid increase in costs is mostly due to taking nuclear off line before replacements were ready. I am very pro nuclear. It is incredibly sad to see an advanced country such as Germany abandon nuclear.

• We already had big increases even before Fukushima... It's all a big lie and is taken out on renewable sources...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The increases are due to increases in demand for electricity. This is why you should not abandon nuclear. You should be using all forms of production (renewables, nuclear, coal, natural gas, etc..). Banning old computers would be good too, obviously from Ryeco's example. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• yes this is crazy and nobody really understands this topic.

Of course it is a good idea to get rid of the nuclear power plants, but if we really want to do that we need much more energy from other sources (and I do not mean coal) and of course a lot of energy has to be saved.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

It is funny that you shut down nuclear in Germany but then buy electricity from the French, who are 75 percent nuclear. :lol: :lol:

Same here in Italy, maybe even worse than in Germany

• It seems like in the long run renewables are cheaper than nuclear. The Sweedes are about to decommision their oldest nuclear plants and now the costs for the decommision are beginning to show - and they are huge - very huge exspecially if you count in the storage of nuclear waste for many centuries.
    The same is the case with the tender for a new nuclear plant in UK. The subsidy from the government for this nuclear plant is way above government subsidies to other forms of energi not counting burning fossils.

The only problem with the renewables are that we vill have to develop technolgies that enables us to store the energy between production and consumption. So it is more a matter of investing in getting the storage problem solved than a problem of having enough energi. If we solve the storage problem the earth recieves enough renewable energi from the sun to supply all mankind with energi forever for as long as the sun shines on the globe.

• I think trying to store the power would be too costly, plus it might cause more environmental damage doing it. You should use all the renewable power that is produced and the have the power plants make the variable amount needed to meet demand. I still can't believe Germany is taking all their nuclear off line. We need orbiting mirrors that reflect to centralized locations. Then power could be sent back to the Earth via laser. It is in my dreams... All the power we need from the sun. :D

I have been thinking about this for over 10 years.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/ar…-10/02/japan-solar-energy

• Offizieller Beitrag

We need to decentralize energy to make it work. Huge corps controlling everything will never do what is best for anybody but themselves. Small decentralized storage and is the only way to make things work efficiently. As an example you could not store enough hot water for a city but you could store enough for a small apartment complex or a home. Problem is the corps can't gouge you for that. Sure it cost a lot to setup but will pay off over time. And the savings will be compounded in your favor not against you. Thinking small and local is the only answer that will ever work. But that will never happen unfortunately. Electricity is a lot harder because of the batteries but there are a ton of ways to reduce use. Again bad for the huge corps so they fight tooth and nail against that and instead want some huge solar plant in the desert. Subsidized by us so they can gouge us for the output. LOL

• Or pumped storage power plants. Where they pump up the water up to a hill and let it flow down to turbines when it is needed. Sure, it costs much energy to pump it up, but we have that energy over the day when we need it least. But Germany does not want this either. It destroys the landscape... :?

• I never installed Proxmox , but now I want to do on my system because I noticed that virtualbox on OMV is slow (correct me if i am wrong) and I want to virtualize OMV and Zentyal Server 3.3 . My plan is to install Proxmox on ssd after creating the raid 5 (Software) is right :?: my idea is right or wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Proxmox is faster than virtualbox but only when using virtio (for drives and networking - linux supports very well). I have Proxmox running on two systems with OMV VMs. Works great but is a little bit tricky to setup if you aren't used to proxmox. I wouldn't think speed would be an issue on an i7-950 with virtualbox though.

I think connecting the virtual hard drives might be faster with a scsi controller in virtualbox and networking can use virtio also. Before you switch to proxmox, you could try switching to the virtio network adapter to see if you get more speed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!