What are files aquota.group and aquota.user ?

• Hello,

I've the new files "aquota.group" and "aquota.user" at the root of my volume and/or my shared folder because I've create a root share with the path '/' (to share the whole volume).

I've not enabled or set quota services!
    Why these files have been created?
    Do they come from OMV, OS or my sync from "USB Backup" or "Rsync" servcies?

Cron Daemon send me a notification about my Rsync daily job:

Code
    rsync: rename "/media/UUID/.aquota.group.3V061N" -> "aquota.group": Operation not permitted (1)
    rsync: rename "/media/UUID/.aquota.user.AzPGCE" -> "aquota.user": Operation not permitted (1)
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1060) [sender=3.0.7]

Do I have to delete these files "aquota.group" and "aquota.user", or to change permissions on them?
    Can I remove them without generate some system troubles?

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

• Ignore them in your rsync script.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Ok thanks a lot David

It's my first practice with Rsync.
    Can I add several (two here) "--exclude" inside "Extra options" field of my rsync job?

Code
    --exclude '.aquota.group.3V061N' --exclude '.aquota.user.AzPGCE'

Thanks,
    Chris

• Not sure about the correct syntax right now, but you are able to exclude multiple directories from an rsync job.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!