ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe Realtek 8111E can't go Gigabit!

• you should update to omv 0.4
    after this and doing all updates, change the debian repository to test repository.
    do all updates.
    with the kernel on the testing i have gigabit.

greetings

• He shouldn't be wasting time messing with kernel updates or distros, all he has to do is boot the machine with an alternate OS that is known to work like a live CD of any version of Linux, which seems like he already did. As mentioned before, this board and chipset works out of the box for everyone else and he even that he had issues with FreeNAS as well, which also supports this NIC. Bottom line, the board has an issue and is hardware. Have it replaced.

• I have an Asus E35M1-I, great board. Have OMV 0.4.16 on it right now, however, before this I had Ubuntu Server 12.10.

Now, US 12.10 worked at gigabit, but not with 9,000MTU packets. I could not use larger than 1,500MTU size. (Keep in mind that's a much newer kernel than OMV) I bought and installed an Intel PCI-E NIC, worked without a hitch and at 9kMTU. Since moving to OMV, it also does gigabit with 9kMTU. I've not tried OMV with the onboard realtek, only the Intel. The Intel has been perfect.

I guess what I'm saying is that the driver for this onboard NIC hasn't been superb.

• I too have a Asus E35M1-I mobo. I installed the squeeze backports kernel (3.2.x.x) and non-free-firmware and the Realtek 8111F Gb worked without problems. With the standard Squeeze kernel 2.6.x.x the nic could not go higher than 100Mb/s.

I haven't tried jumbo frames though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!