RAID1 - with partition

• Hi

i've recently migrate from on old Zentyal to Openmediavault and i don't want to rebuild my raid1.
    My raid1 is build on 2 harddrive

Disk /dev/sdb: 1500.3 GB, 1500301910016 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 182401 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disk identifier: 0x0004f9b5

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sdb1 1 1824 14647296 83 Linux
    /dev/sdb2 1824 182402 1450488833 5 Extended
    /dev/sdb5 1824 182402 1450488832 fd Linux raid autodetect

Disk /dev/sdd: 2000.4 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 243201 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disk identifier: 0x000047f8

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sdd1 1 180578 1450492753+ 83 Linux
    /dev/sdd2 180579 243201 503019247+ 5 Extended
    /dev/sdd5 180579 243201 503019216 83 Linux

and i've partition them because years ago i was thinking it was the way to do with diff disk size.

My raid is up and ready
    cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md127 : active raid1 sdb5[0] sdd1[1]
    1450488768 blocks [2/2] [UU]

unused devices: <none>

everythink could be ok if
    1) openmediavault can reconniez it well (i've added fstab info in openmediavault conf)
    2) when i select create FS it doesn't provide my raid as eligible for new FS since I already have an FS on it
    3) plugin like usbbackup crashes beacause don't reconize md127p1...

is there any trick to make my raid "normal" ?

• OpenMediaVault detects partitions and can work with them. You just can not create them.

Remove your customizations from fstab, reboot. Then mount the partitions via the filesystems tab in the WebGUI. Now you can use your RAID partitions within the webinterface.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• thanks for your reply

i've commented
    fstab mount for my raid1
    and
    the setup i've setup on openmediavault/config.xml

and this is what i get if i try to mount my disk

Erreur #6000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get storage device file from '/dev/md127p1'' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:684 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt-&gt;mount(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract-&gt;callMethod('mount', Array, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1) #4 {main}

i've got quite the same error on usb backup plugin

• Did you reboot inbetween?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Let some other mod have a look at that, I've not yet encountered this error.

Would you please provide the following:

Code
    cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    fstab
    blkid

Greetings
    David

• Huh? You still mount the RAID via your fstab manually. Remove that or comment it out. Then reboot and try again to mount it via the WebGUI.

Greetings
    David

• i've edit my previous post and add config.xml storage part

when i got the error 6000 is with fstab and config.xml entry commented

i need to uncomment both fstab and config xml part to be able to use my raid and sharefolder

• You need to mount it via the GUI to be able to use it in the GUI. OpenMediaVault needs to mount it itself, to know of it. It does not recognize it if its mounted manually.

For the Error 6000, can you post the full error here? I guess its just the message above the error you posted.

Greetings
    David

• if i comment my change, restart and then try to mount

this is the detail error i get:

Erreur #6000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get storage device file from '/dev/md127p1'' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:684 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt-&gt;mount(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract-&gt;callMethod('mount', Array, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1) #4 {main}

in webui i don't have anymore detail
    is there a detail log on openmediavault ?

• Would you please tell me on which exact version of OpenMediaVault you are?

Greetings
    David

• I know this error. It occured while Volker redesigned the storage backend. It should no longer occur. Maybe someone else has some more input.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you upgraded to 0.5.53?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!