SMART error

• Hi,

Today I received 2 mail with error from my NAS:

This is info fom my disks:

I have to worry about my files?

• Your drives are pratically new...

Code
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   099   099   000    Old_age   Always       -       838
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   099   099   000    Old_age   Always       -       840

Look at these values, you have no errors.

Code
    196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0030   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   0x0008   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0

If you want to be sure run a S.M.A.R.T. long test for each drive. http://www.howtoforge.com/chec…artmontools-debian-ubuntu

• Yes, disks are new and no errors in 4 SMART parameters, but can you explain what are errors I posted and was delivered to me from my NAS?

• SMART Error Count Increasing: So I've been struggling with the "Error: ABRT" just like maxman's post (SMART READ, SMART Write) and I discovered that each time I used WebGUI OMV/SMART/Information (see attached jpg) the error count increased by 1. So my test was to run the "smartctl -a /dev/sdc1" from the command line over and over again as I added, removed, formatted, created a raid, deleted ... etc from the WebGUI and the error count "smartctl -a /dev/sdc1" did NOT change using the CLI (command line interface) from an ssh window. But as soon as I 'clicked' on the Information button (see the attached jpg) the error count increased. Any possibility that the coding team could repeat my test and see if there is an invalid "SMART call" being made to the drive? I've tried both versions 2.1 and 3.0 beta
    My drives are new WD Red 3TB

I ran the tests with a new OMV install with only a password change, SSH turned on and the timezone set by using pool.ntp.org
    I did not do any package updates

Just ran the updates .. didn't make any difference ... clicking on the 'Information' button incremented the error count by one.

Just tested this on my WD Raptor ... The WebGui worked just fine ... There was no error

Any Thoughts??

• each time I used WebGUI OMV/SMART/Information (see attached jpg) the error count increased by 1.

Couldn't reproduce this but I do have some strange error reports about ATA error count around in both 2.x and 3.x.

Does not seem to have actual effect on the drives though.
    I guess you are right about the invalid "SMART call".

Don't think that's a problem with the cables since no data is written to C7.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!