Home Automation via pytomation on OMV

• So I just added pytomation to my OMV instance. Pytomation is a nice, light weight linux based home automation interface. Over the weekend after clonezillaing my production nas, I was able to get it up and running fairly quickly - and quite nicely.

You can find the write up at pytomations wiki on github https://github.com/zonyl/pytom…mply-Auomated-UPB-devices

It's not integrated into OMV...yet ;) With 0.5 I may try my hand at a quick and dirty plugin at least at the UI layer, as pytomations built in web server is a little bare bones, and for my own purposes, I'd just as soon take advantage of the REST API, and provide my own workflow/experience.
    Anyway, happy hacking.

ssh someheadlesshost.buried.4000milesaway.net -l root
    ifdown eth0

Houston we have an idiot.

OMV 0.4.24 on HP n54l microserver

• I like your signature. :lol:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• So I use UPB exclusively in my house. I also don't really care too much about media integration. Finding working x10 examples is pretty easy, except x10 itself is not ;) pytomation has insteon support as well, although apparently not as mature as the UPB support.

Honestly, after 3-4 years of messing around with Mr. house, and some other options - this is the only one I've managed to get up and running and talking with my UPB setup that will also run on my NAS (There are some windows based solutions that have worked in the past.)

The other big reason for me personally - Python is my personal goto language. Don't need to spend any time translating code or syntax or figuring out what that strange perl string actually means ;)

Finally, I probably at some point will want to integrate CEC commands out of XBMC - which also is pretty easy if I using python scripts, so all in all it was an engineering decision - does what I need, and has low cost (ie time) for me personally to implement.

ifdown eth0

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

I like your signature. :lol:

Greetings
    David

Thanks dude, the sad part, after 20 years of working on networked and *nix style systems. I still do that. I thought making it my signature would force me to remember, but no such luck.

ifdown eth0

• You did that yourself? lol... get used to 'service networking restart' - alltough it prompts the same message ( to be depracted ) it should survive missconfiguration unlike '/etc/init.d/networking restart'.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Okay... sometimes it makes sense to protect root account by disabling the ability to login to it via ssh directly. I don't see the need for that... and if I want to change something that needs root rights I need to be root, cause there is no sudo on Debian... And I don't like it using for myself.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!