Replied folders and duplicated files

• My server is installed on a 32Gb disk, with two other disks for storage.

Yesterday I noticed that my system disk was full after an update. This was not about the update but an /home/ftp folder that is default for proftp server.

Both SMB/CIFS and FTP services are enabled.

When I share some folders in SMB I can upload files and all remain in my storage unit. However, when I share one folder (storage/SMBfolder) by FTP, previously shared by Samba, one reply of this folder is automatically created in /home/ftp/<user>/SMBfolder, and all files get duplicated.

Can I correct this behaviour?

• Ah, so you're back again.

I already tested that, and the files in /home/ftp/ do not take up any space at all. So FTP does not fill your disk...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Look for misconfigured rsync jobs. They are the most common problem for filled OS disks.

Code
    du -a / | sort -n -r | head -n 10

The code snippet above may help you to find whats filling your hard disk. (instead of / you may want to just check /var because you will search your data disks with this command too...)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!