[SOLVED] Plex media server plugin returns "400 Bad Request"

• Hi,
    I have installed the Plex media server add-on via nightingale.se repository as the omvextras.org plugin did not work.
    I did this;

Code
    apt-get install aptitude
    aptitude update
    aptitude install curl

then;

Code
    nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list
    curl http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/shell-ninthgate-se-keyring.key | sudo apt-key add -
    aptitude update
    aptitude install plexmediaserver

I have checked that the service is working fine by

Code
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status

However, when I try to reach the web management page through http:omvIP:32400/web url my browser returns "400 Bad Request".
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

• Hi tekbebe,
    like I said the omvextras plugin returns the same "400 Bad Request"
    That's why I have opted for the other method.
    Actually, I had installed the server without the omvextras plugin and it worked fine until a certain OMV update about two months ago.
    I will try your suggestion one more time nevertheless.
    Thanks.

• Hi tekbebe,
    I have installed the plugin though the omvextras.org and enabling the plex media server repo.
    When I have clicked the left menu item under the Services it returned;

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf plexmediaserver 2>&1': Plex Media Server is not running (no process found)... usermod: directory /media/b91d707d-58f7-4803-8141-3b50d7e90857/plexmediaserver exists

Also, the Running indicator on the services page of the diagnostics section is red for plex.
    What do these mean?

• Uninstall the plugin again. Delete the plex user and then try to reinstall it.

userdel plex

PS- I think it does not start automatically after install either so do this after reinstall:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

PPS- If it is still not starting let me know and we check owndership on your library directory.

• Ahahaha,
    trust me I do not know anything about unix/linux environment to dare messing with Apache or anything else :)
    I am just following the online instructions which I have found on the OMV official pages.
    That's it.

• It's not apache. Do above and then if it still not starting we fix it.

If it still not starting change directory to the data drive where the plexmediaserver folder was moved to:

so it would be like

cd /media/uuid (whatever uuid it is on)

then:

chown -R plex:nogroup plexmediaserver

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

• Uninstalled the plugin through the web interface.
    When I ran the

Zitat

userdel plex

it returned

Zitat

userdel: user 'plex' does not exist

When I check the status with

Zitat

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status

server returns

Zitat

Plex Media Server process running.

And when clicked on the Plex Web Client button I get

Zitat

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.255.130:32400

All these must be looking pretty dumb for you but I am clueless in this environment. Sorry :oops:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!