Fog imaging plugin

• Hi

I am using fog for a long time and i think that is the best imaging solution that i have seen. Is it possible to make a plugin for this?
    I am using it now with openmediavault as an external storage and i have installed fog with virtualbox. I think it would be perfect if i could use it directly in openmediavault.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know much about fog but it doesn't look easy to convert to a plugin. It looks like it provides a lot of the same services that OMV already provides. You might be better off to have fog run in a vm and use nfs/tftp/etc from OMV.

Personally, I pxe boot clonezilla from a tftp share or from http. It automatically mounts an nfs share or I can manually mount a samba share.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I don't know much about fog but it doesn't look easy to convert to a plugin. It looks like it provides a lot of the same services that OMV already provides. You might be better off to have fog run in a vm and use nfs/tftp/etc from OMV.

Personally, I pxe boot clonezilla from a tftp share or from http. It automatically mounts an nfs share or I can manually mount a samba share.

Believe me it does much more that clonezilla does. For example you can deploy software if you want to computers that you have imaged or you can join them to active directory and much more. The services that it use is nfs , pxe , ftp , mysql and apache. I hope that someone will make an effort to fix a plugin.

• I will be an advocate for Fog. But in the short run we will be bug checking OMV 1. It is going to take up some time. Ryeco is porting many of the .5 plugins to new version of OMV. Give us a couple months ok. Remind us.....

• fog is great I use it in one of the schools I work in. only use it to push images out and auto rename and join to the AD and put it in the correct ad ou, makes imaging much easyer tell it to image it wakes the pc and starts then builds joins ad and since its in the correct ou just needs a reboot and pulls down the assigned gpo software.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!