USB install fails

• I am reinstalling omv on a ssd.
    ( from usb)

i can start the installation. but at step 3 or 4
    I get an error, it cant find the cdrom drive.

How do i mount and find the usb drive??

• I've never had that issue, but I would recommend you to try a couple of things:

1. Disconnect the storage drives
    2. See if the BIOS has a mode to set the USB drives as mass storage devices, or an AUTO DETECT option
    3. If that doesn't help, try another USB drive

I've seen issues booting some large USB drives, I usually keep my bootable ones within the size of a CDROM (512MB or less). I am sure you can use larger ones, but try it anyway if what I mentioned doesn't work.

• I'm having a similar problem, I'm repurposing an old ultrabook with a cracked lcd. I've setup a flash drive to install from and during the install gets to the point where it looks for the CD-Rom drive and then I cannot continue. Is there a way to let the installer know that the computer I'm installing it on doesn't have a CD Drive?

• Ok So I plug the flash drive and boot up the install program it asks for language then keyboard language. Then I get a warning [!!] Detect and mount CD-ROM asking me to load additional drivers from a removable media, which I choose no because I don't have a Cd-rom drive in the computer. Next I get a warning with the question to Manually select a CD-Rom module and device. When I select yes I can then choose the Module needed for accessing the CD-ROM and I choose "none".

All seems to be working up to here but then I have a problem because on the next screen I get a prompt asking me to put the path to my cd-rom drive /dev/cd-rom or something like that I tried that but it didn't work then I tried just /dev/ and that didn't work. So reading the message carefully again I saw that I could alt-f2 to switch to a console and then do a "ls /dev" which I tried but I didn't see anything marked USB. After googling a little I saw that sda and sdb refer to the hard drives and as my laptop has only one HDD in it I tried /dev/sdb/ it didn't work (also tried sda just incase) so I'm kinda stuck here as it give me a Installation step failed and then gives me a list of steps to start the install from. If I try to skip this step I get an error saying it can't find the cd-rom as I'm guessing that the linux doesn't know where to look for the install files.

Any assistance would be greatly welcomed

• Same here,
    When i change the path to the usb drive i still get the same message.
    I know it has to work, But what am i doing wrong?
    3 months ago i did the same usb instal. But usb to usb. i did get the same error, Only i don't know anymore what i did to resolve the problem .....
    ( not a cd install anyway!)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!