[SOLVED] Plugin installation stuck

• Dear forum,

I'm very new here, then I would love to have your kind help.
    Just trying to install openmediavault-ldap plugin via front-end but it always stuck.

This is when was tried to install via cli

Please help me to fix this.
    Thanks!

• Thanks but no luck, any other suggestions please?

• I did not change anything the source list, please see the below.

• Edit your souces.list file and make it look like this. You can copy and past mine.

Then do:
    apt-get update
    apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault-ldap

• Thanks tekkbebe, I think I know something.

That said, I just changed the sources list as your suggestion and something difference happening with a few errors (this is because of my company proxy).
    Let me give it a try after 1/2 day, when the proxy is opened, then let you know.

Much appreciated!

• Just want to let you know you have to change your sources.list. At end of install it should have been edited to not use the CD-ROM anymore but this did not happen. So make sure you definitely change it.... Good Luck!!! :mrgreen:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Must not have had an internet connection when installing OMV.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Guys... he said he is behind proxy... ergo did he not setup proxy within installation, therefore it fallback to cdrom... he said he works around the proxy issue later this day.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm now able to deal with this issue eventually :)
    BIG thanks for your help, tekkbebe!

I know this is not make sense to have the below question here, but 2 more please.

#1. I created 2 shared folders
    \\DATACENTER\HR
    \\DATACENTER\IT

with some child inside.

Question: is it possible to let user "John"
    - having Read/Write (or ReadOnly whatever) on \\DATACENTER\HR\Plan
    - but he's not allowed to list folder contents of its parent \\DATACENTER\HR (looks like the "Traverse folder / execute file" permission on Windows Server if I'm not mistaken)

#2. Walking around on this forum and I am aware that the OWV server should join to the AD first, then to be able to use the LDAP service functionally, right?
    Is it possible to let OMV server works as standalone in this case?

Thanks!

• You need to play with the ACLs to achieve that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!