How to mount OMV NFS share to ESXi 5.0

• Hi There,

I've been struggling to mount shared folder on ESXi which give me an error in return as seen below.

Code
    NFS mount 10.1.1.8:/media/3166c361-87b5-40ca-9aeb-3bf22070fc4c/esxi failed: The mount request was denied by the NFS server. Check that the export exists and that the client is permitted to mount it.

I've tried all the possible folders & all the permissions. Even I've given public full access with no credentials to see whether it is mounted. But it returned with no luck. Any advise on this??

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post a pic of the configuration of the NFS share in the OMV web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• On your OpenMediaVault, execute the following command:

Code
    showmount -e localhost

The output should tell you what you're dooing wrong.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "subzeroin"

Isn't NFS shares in OMV under /export so it should be /export/esxi ?

Wow!! you're a life safer.. it just got added. thank you for the point out. :)

• Zitat von "subzeroin"

Isn't NFS shares in OMV under /export so it should be /export/esxi ?

If he would've run my command he would've seen for hinself ;).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Haha, true! I actually used your command to verify that it wasn't /exports instead of /export ;)

• Hah! At least one uses my suggestions... ;).

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!