tvheadend binaries

• Thanks to davidh2k we have a small place where host our tvheadend binaries. I put here mine latest x64 build (compiled from master git just few minutes ago).

http://demo.omv-extras.org/tvheadend/

here you will find also vtuner.ko, that's the kernel module (for backported kernel) for use enigma2 decoder as virtual DVB-S tuner.

EDIT: you will find also a file of 1.1K called tvheadend. This is the init.d script, copy this in /etc/init.d and make executable with chmod+x
    note that i put my configuration in /etc/tvheadend, if you don't like this you have just to edit the init file and change the path.

tv_grab_file and rytec are a very fast workaround for getting the epg data. I'm testing, i'll let you know asap.

EDIT about EPG:
    On the repo you'll find a file called tv_grab_file, this is a script i've found on the net and tuned a bit for catch an xmltv file (epg database) from the net and import in the tv backend (tvheadend in our case). Before use this script you have to install xmltv by:
    apt-get install xmltv
    After that copy tv_grab_file in /usr/bin/ and chmod 755 the script.
    You must customize this script with your personal epg data, in my case you can read in the script that i'm using "rytecxmltvskyit". You can find the url for your epg in the other file, called rytec.sources.xml, open this file and search for your country epg.
    Edit the tv_grab_file according to your epg url editing these lines:

echo "cancello archivio vecchio"
    rm /root/rytecxmltvskyit.gz
    rm /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.xmltv
    wget -P /root http://rytec.sifteam.eu/rytecxmltvskyit.gz
    echo "downloaded .gz"
    gunzip /root/rytecxmltvskyit.gz
    echo "decompressed .gz"
    mv /root/rytecxmltvskyit /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.xmltv
    echo "spostato il file e rinominato"
    cat /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.xmltv
    exit 0
    fi

the script is simple and will:

1) delete previous files
    2) get newer xmltv file from the site
    3) decompress the file
    4) move the file in the xmltv default directory and rename according to the script.
    5) show the content of the saved file for checking it's correct.

After all you'll find in tvheadend, under settings-epg-grabber the new "internal" grabber XMLTV: tv_grab_file, select this and uncheck all other epg grabber, update interval 1 day, you are done.
    In channels, under the epg source, you will be able to select the proper epg tag.
    Test this for some days, the epg grabbed from rytec contains the guide for 7 days so i added a job in crontab for run the script tv_grab_file every night and say updated for the next 6 days.

Many tanks to the creator of the script and respect to rytec guys for their work!

• how can i install this?

i try

Code
    root@Server:~# dpkg -i tvheadend_3.9.542~g63ac3be~precise_amd64.deb
    Vormals abgewähltes Paket tvheadend wird gewählt.
    (Lese Datenbank ... 66714 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
    Entpacken von tvheadend (aus tvheadend_3.9.542~g63ac3be~precise_amd64.deb) ...
    tvheadend (3.9.542~g63ac3be~precise) wird eingerichtet ...
    Creating user: hts...

creating user and password, but i cant open it with http://hostname:9981/

start service also dont work

Code
    root@Server:~# service start tvheadend                                          start: unrecognized service

EDIT:

Ok, i can start tvheadend with # tvheadend in the console

ive a user created xbmc with password xbmc, but i get no access in the webgui with this user/pass

Code
    root@Server:/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend# cat superuser
    {
    "username": "xbmc",
    "password": "xbmc"
    }

i try also a file called 1 in the folder root@Server:/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol#
    with

also this dont work. no access with xbmc/xbmc in the webgui

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• Its 'service servicename start' not 'service start servicename'.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I´ve found sth. that might be your problem:
    https://tvheadend.org/boards/5…/2670?r=3629#message-3629

Zitat

It depends from which user you launch tvheadend.
    Please check script /etc/init.d/tvheadend as described in 5th post.
    If you reboot computer tvheadend working from user hts (u option) and you have to edit options in /home/hts/.hts but if you launch it from root all settings is in /root/.hts folder.
    Make first "universal" superuser with star in first, second and third fields and all options enabled "v"
    Make second user with some username and pass also all enabled(especially admin). Save. After rebooting delete
    (or disable) first say "universal" user. Simplest way is to have identical ./hts folders in /home/hts and in /root too.

Soo... As far as I can see, you start your service as root:

Zitat

root@Server:~#start service tvheadend

That´s why it does not work for you. You edited the wrong files.

• you need to start with -C option, i'm uploading a working init.d script wait just one minute! I did it and posted in an older topic but it doesn't matter. Take a look again in the repo you will find that.

EDIT: it's the one called tvheadend and size is 1.1K, put this in /etc/init.d and do a chmod+x
    i put tvheadend configuration in /etc/tvheadend so move your configuration here or change the parameter in the /etc/init.d/tvheadend according to your path.

• thx, it runs. but my tv card dont work now, because i ve installed the backport kernel.....
    now i must wait for OMV 0.6/1.0.

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• package updated:
    tvheadend_3.9.570~g5fbe7a7_amd64

now it's fully compiled, with libavcodec53. You have to satisfy the dependency with
    backports install
    apt-get -t squeeze-backports install ...........

this versione fixed a lot of bug with capmt descrambling (at least for me...) and added some tuning option about services pid.

• root@Server:~# dpkg -i tvheadend_3.9.570~g5fbe7a7_amd64.deb
    (Lese Datenbank ... 38410 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
    Vorbereitung zum Ersetzen von tvheadend 3.9.542~g63ac3be~precise (durch tvheadend_3.9.570~g5fbe7a7_amd64.deb) ...
    Ersatz für tvheadend wird entpackt ...
    dpkg: Abhängigkeitsprobleme verhindern Konfiguration von tvheadend:
    tvheadend hängt ab von libavcodec53 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~) | libavcodec-extra-53 (>= 6:0.8.6); aber:
    Paket libavcodec53 ist nicht installiert.
    Paket libavcodec-extra-53 ist nicht installiert.
    tvheadend hängt ab von libavformat53 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~); aber:
    Paket libavformat53 ist nicht installiert.
    tvheadend hängt ab von libavutil51 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~); aber:
    Paket libavutil51 ist nicht installiert.
    tvheadend hängt ab von libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16.2-1); aber:
    Paket libcurl3-gnutls ist nicht installiert.
    tvheadend hängt ab von libswscale2 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~); aber:
    Paket libswscale2 ist nicht installiert.
    tvheadend hängt ab von liburiparser1 (>= 0.6.0); aber:
    Paket liburiparser1 ist nicht installiert.
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von tvheadend (--install):
    Abhängigkeitsprobleme - verbleibt unkonfiguriert
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    tvheadend
    root@Server:~#

Server:

• Yes you need to satisfy some dependences. I wrote that in the previous post, now we have a fully functionally tvheadend binary (or, at least, with all needed lib available).

apt-get -t squeeze-backports install libavcodec

and after that do the same with the others unsatisfied dependences.

• can i use the binaries with the 2.x Kernel.
    My TVcard don't run with the backport kernel

Server:

• Zitat von "noxx"

can i use the binaries with the 2.x Kernel.
    My TVcard don't run with the backport kernel

i haven't tried that... libavcodec are in the backport repository anyway so you have to install those libraries from the backport repo also if you are on 2.x kernel. But i think it's better to compile the source directly for the 2.6 kernel!
    Kernel 3.2 had changed a lot about the dvb cards, it's strange that your card doesn't work with that kernel, have you tried to compile the driver for the 'new' kernel? What's your card brand and model? Maybe we can find something online...

• i had try to compile ii with the 2.6 kernel. but tvheadend dont work.... now i looking for
    a installation files, like yours.

yes, i compile the drivers with 2.6 and 3.2. under 2.6 the card runs, under 3.2 not.

my bash files for the installtion:

Server:

• Zitat von "TheCondor"

Yes you need to satisfy some dependences. I wrote that in the previous post, now we have a fully functionally tvheadend binary (or, at least, with all needed lib available).

apt-get -t squeeze-backports install libavcodec

and after that do the same with the others unsatisfied dependences.

libavcodec not found

Code
    root@Server:~# apt-get -t squeeze-backports install libavcodec
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
    E: Paket libavcodec kann nicht gefunden werden
    root@Server:~#

Server:

• recompile tvheadend for 2.6 WITHOUT libavcodec support.
    Use
    ./configure --help
    to find the correct parameter to provide that should be something like --disable-libavcodec
    Indeed tvh works fine also without that library, i don't know exactly its role.
    For the building of tvheadend use the guide on the tvheadend site and instead of do a "make install" follow the others instructions for the 'packaging'. You will obtain the .deb file at the end.
    But I think the best approach is to fix the tvcard driver

• It runs now under 3.2 kernel

But before I can open the WebGUI, I must every time start tvheadend with ssh: tvheadend -C

it seems, that the script dont work

Bilder

Server:

• you write:
    note that i put my configuration in /etc/tvheadend, if you don't like this you have just to edit the init file and change the path.

but where is the config file? i only install you *.deb file

Server:

• Zitat von "noxx"

you write:

but where is the config file? i only install you *.deb file

the standard installation of tvheadend put the configurations file (and database) in a folder under root, called .hts
    In the init script, if you do a

cat /etc/init.d/tvheadend

you can see that i'm adding a parameter to the tvheadend launch command and force that to looking for the configuration in /etc/tvheadend
    make a folder called
    tvheadend in /etc/

and after do a copy of all files with

cp /root/.hts/* /etc/tvheadend/

• this is my output

i copy all files to etc/tvheadend, reboot the system
    but tvheadend is not startet :oops:

Server:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!