Poweredge 1950 as a server?

• Hi team I have picked up a poweredge 1950 with twin 3.3ghz processors and a perc 6 card with two Sata/SAS connections for 3.5in disks

I have only just got the device second hand obviously but on start up it says the original disks are missing and did I want to start again. So far as I can tell I have to set up a raid which is not a problem.

However if I do so will OMV see it as a raid configuration? So far as I can see I cannot start up from USB, unless I missing something?

Has anyone else set up a 1950 before? On a m300 poweredge its more straight forward as it will happily boot off of a single disk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

A 1950 will work. Couple of problems.

1 - You need the backports kernel to recognize the perc6.
    2 - If the perc6 array is your only "drive", you will have to partition it to use it for data.

To install, you need to install (minimal) using an image with Debian Squeeze using the backports kernel. Use this) and install OMV on top of that using the following:

Code
    1 - echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public sardaukar main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    2 - apt-get update
    3 - apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    4 - apt-get update
    5 - apt-get install openmediavault
    6 - omv-initsystem

Just to warn you... The 1950 uses a lot of power hog and is noisy.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!