new user, where is the documentation?

• New user here. Where are the guides? This system is far from user friendly and I find that there is very little documentation on OMV. The wiki is a joke.

Do you create a RAID disk first, then volumes, then shares?

• Offizieller Beitrag

We don't exactly have a lot of people helping us... The forum is very helpful though.

If you are using raid, create the array first. Next, create the filesystem. Then create the share(s). Use those shares in the various plugins.

If you are not using raid, create the filesystem(s) on individual drives. Then create the share(s). Use those shares in the various plugins.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "johnblanker"

New user here. Where are the guides? This system is far from user friendly and I find that there is very little documentation on OMV. The wiki is a joke.

Do you create a RAID disk first, then volumes, then shares?

OpenMediaVault ia just developed by one person and we are still in a small group today. Therefore it may lack the Documentation you would expect coming from other solutions out there. The setup is different as you would expect but it is far from not beeing user friendly. Just ask for help, we will help you without hesitation.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I would search forums too.

And if you do not find your answer by searching the forums, feel free to create a thread where you ask your questions. We will be happy to assist you as far as we can. :)

• All I have to say if there was no Google Linux would really sux. I've bought some books but they always seem to be a couple of years old and a few versions behind. With Microsoft I was able to always buy a book covering a new version when it came out. I like to read manuals. I read a lot of auto manuals too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would have to agree that I haven't learned much from Linux books (although most are programming books) and google is great. I learned more about Linux from Gentoo and its installation handbook than anything. The handbook is some of the best documentation I have ever used including Windows.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• wow. You know you have some memory problems when you go to make your first post, then realize you already have an account, then realized you already asked the same questions you came here to ask 2 years ago. <X Wow, my posts sounded rude too. I apologize.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!