login to omw web interface returns login screen

• Hi all,

I have a HUGE problem..

lost my access to my files.. the vm running omw responds to ping but won't let me access through NFS or SMB.. so i went to the web interface to see what was going on...I wrote my username: admin and password which promptly returne the login screen. First i thought i was writing the wrong password but OMW web interface kindly lets you know if thats wrong, so its not that.

I type username and password and click ok.. then the login box disappears and comes back asking for username and password..

I can access my vm from ssh but i have no idea how to proceed from here?!?!?

PLEASE HELP... I need my family pictures and other personal files!?!?!?!?!

THANK

Casper

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT
    Webpage: http://www.dingit.dk

• Access your NAS via SSH, then type in the following command and post output here:

Code
    df -h

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "offerlam"

PLEASE HELP... I need my family pictures and other personal files!?!?!?!?!

You have your family pics on a VM?
    VirtualBox or VMWare?
    Maybe you can add your vdi-files to another VM and access it

• Hi all

Thanks for answering..

here is the output of df -h

since i have ssh access i can also use scp to copy data to another box... but i want is my web ui working again.. and smb services..

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• Looks like you have installed on a USB-STick with 8GB?
    This stick is full. (100% in use). That´s why you can´t get to the WEBUI.

Maybe a logfile is very big, or did you install/store sth. recently on your system drive?

Btw. I´d change this stick to a HDD. You can also use a external HDD via USB. But debian and omv cause many read/write cycles, what lets your usb-stick die in no time.

• Well, looks like I hit the root right away.

Like WastlJ said, the OS disk is filled 100%. Look for files you can delete, a quick command to get some space is 'apt-get clean'.

Also, if this really is some kind of USB stick you better get rid off it soon or Debian/OpenMediaVault will take care of this for you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• duh why didn't i see that..

its not a USB but a small VM hdd .. my OMW VM has two virtual HDD.. one for storage and one for the OS and as you say the OS HDD has run dry og space..

apt-get clean didn't do anything..

what else can i delete to get more space? any logs?

About me:

Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• Code
    du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10
    du -a /home | sort -n -r | head -n 10

Greetings
    David

• Hi David

you first command line gave me this output:

should i just delete all logs or?

Your second command gave me /home and /home/ftp

now home/ftp has some movies in it and what not.. I suppose this is stored on the os harddrive and not the dedicated storage harddrive? and since its ftp related and i don't really use that..did once.. i suppose i can delete it?

but why does ftp store data there and not the dedicated storage harddrive?

Thanks

Casper

About me:

Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• No... those FTP is not actually taking up any space.

Take a look in the daemon.log if you can spot any errors or so. If not delete it and let me search for the correct command to look for files elsewhere as this can't be all.

Edit:

Code
    du -hsx /* --exclude=./media --exclude=./dev --exclude=./proc --exclude=./lost+found | sort -rh | head -10

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!