starting Minecraft

• I followed the short tutorial here: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2374 for installing Minecraft and it works well.

In order to start the minecraft server, I had to plug a keyboard and monitor into my OMV server, login as minecraft and start the server. However, if I'm making changes/mods/plugins to the server, I will need to stop and start the server on a regular basis. I don't want to keep a keyboard and monitor attached to my OMV server. Is there another way to stop and start the server remotely? I usually use putty from my desktop to access OMV, but as I understand it, I shouldn't be root when starting the minecraft server. I don't think I can use putty as adm user minecraft?

cheers

• I have installed Multicraft on my OMV 1.1 server, using SSH. It works perfect. You will have to use the Nginx and MySql plugins. This way I can administrate my Minecraft server through Multicrafts webpage. Its easy for me to change between CraftBukkit, SpigotMC or other minecraft servers, I can maintain permissions and plugins, stop and start the server and much more. The minecraft worlds is stored on my OMV datadrive, but the server is running om my OMV SSD system disk. It took me some time to make it work. Multicraft is free for one minecraft server with up to 8 users. If you need more you will have to buy Multicraft or find another product.

I think I have seen MyMcAdmin for OMV some time ago, but I cant find the plugin anymore.

Also I use OMV to backup my MC world, so its very easy to do rollback with WorldGuard from inside Minecraft.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• I had to pull the Plugin back then due to a copyright problem, but as far as I know jhmiller worked around that problem. It may only need to be rebuild and put in repo. I'll let @ryecoaaron check that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-mcmyadmin 1.0 in download managers testing repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Found. I will try McMyAdmin and see if i can get a Vanilla Minecraft 1.8 server up and running.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• I got these errors when I installed MyMcAdmin.

2014-11-27 18:25:58 (1.36 MB/s) - `MCMA2_glibc26_2.zip' saved [11671646/11671646]

--2014-11-27 18:25:58-- http://%0D/
    Resolving \r (\r)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address `\r'
    FINISHED --2014-11-27 18:26:13--
    Total wall clock time: 24s
    Downloaded: 1 files, 11M in 8.2s (1.36 MB/s)
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-mcmyadmin (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-mcmyadmin

Software:

Hardware:

• And the plugin was not installed.....

Software:

Hardware:

• I admit it was only a quick change over so that the files needed were download from their server (as requested) I did say in the thread that I had not had a chance to test it.

From the output above it looks like its not finding the address to the latest files, I will test in a VM and see if I can correct the problem.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Fixed most problems, I have just installed, started the service and checked the webui. All looks good to me. I will ask @ryecoaaron to build the new version.

Before you install it please make sure the current version is removed by running apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-mcmyadmin

Miller

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.1 is in the regular testing repo. Not sure why I was putting it in the download managers repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!