Can we install omv in ubuntu server 14

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: Can we install omv in ubuntu server 14

Ubuntu is not the same as Debian even though Ubuntu is based from Debian. Why would you want to try this headache?
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Since you are going down a path not supported, you might as well install OMV 0.6...

Install minimal Debian Wheezy then:

Source Code

1. 1 - echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
      2. 2 - apt-get update
      3. 3 - apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
      4. 4 - apt-get update
      5. 5 - apt-get install openmediavault
      6. 6 - omv-initsystem

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.

Try Debian Wheezy like Aaron suggested. If it boots you can use OpenMediaVault Kralizec. You just have to keep in mind that Kralizec is not yet officially released and still in heavy development, therefore rough edges may occur.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

You probably won't lose data but there may be quite a few bugs with the web interface.

No, you can allways rely on the Data. But you can't rely that everything in the WebGUI administration works and that all Plugins work either.

We already test it on our systems, Data is safe, but it can happen that the parts of the WebGUI do not work how they should.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

i have one Question why it is not recommended to use the full disk for the OMV?
      if we create LVM disk what is the problem?
      i am new on the OMV and really like its interface and i hop to contribute soon on the GUI at least translation to our local language.

That is decision that Volker made (I agree). If you use the full disk and it fails, you lose everything. With a separate OS drive, if the OS drive fails, you lose no data. The data drive can be raid giving it redundancy.

To see what is the problem
      see dedoimedo.com/computers/uefi-drama.html

The solution steps:
      before the steps we disable the secure boot option on the BOIS // and this may be not required i am not sure
      1-Create a startup USB or cd to install new debian.
      2-on the installation process u must create one partitions
      256MB FAT32 Partition mounted to /boot/efi
      256MB Ext4 Partition mounted to /boot
      Remainder LVM Partition
      Create three Logical Volumes:
      8GB or More for Linux
      20GB or More for Home
      2GB or More for Swap
      Complete LVM Configuration, and then back to our partition settings we can now select formats and mount points:
      8GB LV Ext4 for root (/)
      20GB LV Ext4 for /home
      2GB LV swap

The solution can be founded on the
      youtube.com/watch?v=mnTj6_kDIeg
      and the
      wiki.xen.org/wiki/Comprehensiv…_PCI_Passthrough_Tutorial

Ah so the problem was secure boot. As far as I know this is only supported in jessie, and not wheezy.

Greetings
      David

secure boot is a pain in the ass...

Yeah... have this shit on my NUC too, could not yet figure out how to install win8 with secure boot...