help with mapping user home folders

• I have NFS setup and can successfully mount my shared media folder.
    I have set this up in fstab to be done at boot up for all users.

I can't seem to mount the users home folder though.
    I would like the user home folder to be mounted at login for each user without visibility to the other user folders.

grateful for a helping hand.

• Try to play with a profile file for each user that mounts each nfs home folder.

Greetings
    Davis

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• i think i need more fundamental moment. I managed to get the home directories to map manually after running the exportfs command. however,

1) media directory - mapped via fstab
    nasbox:/media /mnt/nasbox/media nfs rw,hard,intr 0 0
    problem here is that all users have read/write so it doesn't pay attention to the permissions on the nasbox.
    I want all users except myself to be read only. (this works the way i want on the windows machine via samba i.e. r/o for all except me)

2) home directories
    sudo mount boxip:/Home /mnt/nasbox/home
    all users directories appear and they are all r/w. Ideally, i only want the current logged in user to be mapped or map-able.

• afaik nfs cares about the chmod so you have to change it on your system.

2: as i said, look at a bash profile

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• In the end, i used the following commands in fstab of the client

IPAddress:/media /mnt/nas/media nfs users,rw,auto 0 0
    IPAddress:/Home /mnt/nas/home nfs users,rw,auto 0 0

This works with the users getting the correct rights i.e. standard user has ro for the media and rw for the home/user directory.
    can see home/admin but cannot enter the directory.

I have no problems copying files from the client to the nas and retaining the correct rights.
    i replaced the users-dirs.dirs paths with the nas paths on the client which sets unity up nicely.

However, i am having a problem when saving from an application directly. i.e. Libreoffice or Word-wine.
    Files are being saved with nobody as the owner with no read, no write access. group is listed as -2 with none as access.
    the uids match on the two systems, so i guess this maybe related to gids? but which groups to i need to match the ids on then?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!