Network Alias

• Hi,

I may missed it, but how can I configure a network alias?

For now I have modified /etc/network/interfaces myself, but this alias will be removed if I change anything in via web interface.

I tried adding a new interface, but it requires to set some kind of bonding...

Could someone please tell me (if it's possible) how to add a network alias using webinterface? eth0:1

Thanks in advance.

• No sorry, this is not possible with the webgui front end. Any specific reasons as to why you want to do this? This is typically not required, Linux doesn't discriminate against interface numbers. But you can edit this file:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Should be self-explanatory.

• Hi Spy Alelo!

Thank you for your answer. The reason I asked this is because I work in a little office and we use a different subnet for management. I know that openmediavault was originally designed for home use, but our SMB Ubuntu Server crashed, and we needed a quick and easy solution to put everything back online as fast as possible.

I'll do it manually. Thanks anyway.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!