Search: OMV-Server Monitoring Plugin

• Hi folks,

i´m looking for a plugin (or maybe it is possible with built-in features?) that can report me, when the OMV-server was online. Maybe a report of the last 24h, like the graphcs in OMV for CPU usage, LAN traffic...

My OMV-Server wakes up quite often, because of WOL, though i don´t want it. I dont know, why the server is waking up so many times.

Or is it possible, that the server sends me an email, everytime it boots?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

• You can use crontab to send you a mail for example that your server boots:

Code
    crontab -e

And then add one or more things at the very end of this file.this will send you the current date and time. Then you have the exact time your sever woke up, even when you receive your mails only once an hour.

Code
    @reboot date | mail -s "Here comes your subject" your.mail@whatever.com

You can also write your own text:

Code
    @reboot echo "This is your text, that appears in your mail" | mail -s "Here comes your subject" your.mail@whatever.com
  • Zitat von "WastlJ"

Do you have configured your mail?

OMV >> System >> Notification

If the test mail works, this should also work.

Thanks! Now it works.

Is it possible to get a message when the NAS goes off also?

• Cron doesn't support it, so you would have to use a initscript for this instead.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!