Webgui login not working

• Ok so i've been running my OMV box for about a week and today i've run into a random problem. My webgui won't let me login! It doesn't give me any wrong password errors or anything and i still have access via SSH. Every time i try logging into the web gui it just "reloads" the page. Finally, in chrome and firefox the page is in a continual refresh loop while in safari i can still type in my credentials and click login but nothing happens. What should i do?

The only plugins i have installed are the AFP and Plex from OMV-Extras

After some more digging it seems that OMV is having issues getting the timezone from php with this error being in syslog

Code
    omv-engined[3221]: Unknown or unsupported timezone
  • Zitat von "WastlJ"

You can set your timezone with this command:

Code
    dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

I've tried that but i still get the same errors :/

It seems to me that omv doesn't take its timezone from the system but rather php5 as they both are throwing the same error... i also can't update the settings via the webgui because i can't login

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

what´s the output of

Code
    df -h

cause actually I don´t think its a timezone problem that you cannot login

Code
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdc1              57G  1.4G   53G   3% /
    tmpfs                 1.7G     0  1.7G   0% /lib/init/rw
    udev                   10M  180K  9.9M   2% /dev
    tmpfs                 1.7G  4.0K  1.7G   1% /dev/shm
    /dev/sdb1             2.7T  703G  1.9T  27% /media/9bfaaa5b-80a3-4e93-9e8b-2bb55cf0490f
    /dev/sda1             917G  210M  917G   1% /media/2d4a3a8e-7340-4af4-ada4-cd83c252fc07
    tmpfs                 1.7G     0  1.7G   0% /tmp

See anything off?

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

I had the idea that your system drive could be full. Then you get the exact same behavior. But it is not.
    Have you tried to clear your cache and reboot your server?

where is the cache located?

• Other Browser? Incogknito mode in Chrome? It still seems like a cache problem.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Other Browser? Incogknito mode in Chrome? It still seems like a cache problem.

Greetings
    David

Unfortunately it can't be. I tried three different browsers, incognito mode in chrome and my sisters laptop.. im reinstalling OMV to see if i can remedy the problem

• I am having the exact same issue on 3 different browsers. for a while it only plagued me on safari but today i did some updates and after the updates the none of my browsers will work, they all cycle back to the log in. i checked the free space from the command line and it says 1.7g (50%) but i would not mind trying to clear up more free space and see if that does not help.

Xeon 2.2Ghz
    Version 0.3.6 (Omnious)
    4gig flash stick
    1gig rambus
    Promise 100 IDE card

• Zitat von "nacht"

I am having the exact same issue on 3 different browsers. for a while it only plagued me on safari but today i did some updates and after the updates the none of my browsers will work, they all cycle back to the log in. i checked the free space from the command line and it says 1.7g (50%) but i would not mind trying to clear up more free space and see if that does not help.

USB Sttick dead.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "nacht"

I am having the exact same issue on 3 different browsers. for a while it only plagued me on safari but today i did some updates and after the updates the none of my browsers will work, they all cycle back to the log in. i checked the free space from the command line and it says 1.7g (50%) but i would not mind trying to clear up more free space and see if that does not help.

Its incredibly weird; fortunately doing a reinstall is incredibly easy. I just backed up my configuration and unplugged my data drives. Re-install took about 20 minutes, rebooted, reconfigured everything by hand and it works great now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!