Greyhole + FTP - Symlink problem

• Hello,

im ussing Greyhole and now wanted to add FTP functionality so i added my Shares to the FTP Tab.

First of all, the symlinks created by Greyhole are not visible on FTP listing. Most newer FTP clients use MLSD for listing which ProFTP only supports for Symlinks from version 1.3.4b and newer.
    There is a workaround for this, by adding:

<IfModule mod_facts.c>
    FactsAdvertise off
    </IfModule>

to the ProFTP Config, so the Client is forced to use the older LIST Command, now the Symlinks show up. As far as i understand, ProFTP is chrooted to /srv/ftp and the Shares are mounted using "--bind" into that folder.

Now my Problem: ProFTP is not able to follow the Symlinks. if i try to Download a symlinked File:

550 duplicity-full-signatures.20140517T000741Z.sigtar.gpg: No such file or directory

This shurely is because they Point outside of the chrooted /srv/ftp dir. Is there any way around this? In combination with Greyhole, FTP pretty much seems to be useless for accessing my Pooled-Files...

Regards

Daniel

• I was searching for a Solution to this and found something. Maybe its an Idea to mount the Samba Shares to the FTP chroot and not the Filesystem itself. There is a Page on the Greyhole Github Page on working with the Pool locally: https://github.com/gboudreau/G…e/wiki/MountSharesLocally

Through the Share, symlinks are no longer a Problem. The biggest Problem should be linking the FTP User Credentials to the SMB Login Credentials and mounting the right Shares with the right User.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!