Cannot access OMV after NIC settings change....

• Guten Morgen all,

I tried to change my IP type from dhcp to manual AND FAILED!
    Now I cannot access and receive the messages:

cannot read interfaces file /etc/network/interfaces
    Cannot connect to monit daemon. Did you start it wit http support?

It boots after a while, but still no IP (=no access)....

Please help....
    hl

OMV 2.1
    AN EXAMPLE HOW OLD PC PARTS CAN BE USED:
    Fujitsu-Siemens P5915 (Motherboard D2151-A21), Intel C2D E6600, 4,0 GB DDR RAM, 3Ware RAID controller on PCI slot, up to 6 HDDs in total can be installed due to case changes (currently 2x1tb in RAID1 mode on the board as "holy backup" share & 2x1tb as regular share on 3Ware, one 2tb as storage for two easyVDRs & one 320gb for OMV and ownCloud share), power consumption about 100 Watts (this is OK for that setup...)

OMV switched on automatically per wol when main PC is switched on...
    OMV switched off per autoshutdown if no IP traffic on main IP over 10 minutes...

• Hi,
    unbelievable fast, thank you so much! I am back to business.....

And I learned what that sentence (with "omv-firstaid" means when I boot....
    Großartig!

Regarsd, hl

OMV 2.1
    AN EXAMPLE HOW OLD PC PARTS CAN BE USED:
    Fujitsu-Siemens P5915 (Motherboard D2151-A21), Intel C2D E6600, 4,0 GB DDR RAM, 3Ware RAID controller on PCI slot, up to 6 HDDs in total can be installed due to case changes (currently 2x1tb in RAID1 mode on the board as "holy backup" share & 2x1tb as regular share on 3Ware, one 2tb as storage for two easyVDRs & one 320gb for OMV and ownCloud share), power consumption about 100 Watts (this is OK for that setup...)

OMV switched on automatically per wol when main PC is switched on...
    OMV switched off per autoshutdown if no IP traffic on main IP over 10 minutes...

• Sorry to bring this back to the top.
    I have the exact same issue but caused by a different problem.
    PSU went bang, Took motherboard with it.

I swapped them out and now I see at certain points during boot:
    cannot read interfaces file /etc/network/interfaces
    Then finally it will settle on
    Cannot connect to monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?

I searched the forums for a while, Ran a few fixes I'd found
    One about removing a persistent routes file, tried the omv-firstaid but all it would say when trying to configure the network card (Which kept showing as eth2 for some reason) was
    OMV failed to execute Rpc (service=network
    There was a little more than that but I cant remember it now.

I did a --reinstall -install of OMV and searched the forums a little more.

If I leave the server (Overnight) all the services that are failing to load which I assume are all network based will eventually time out and I will be prompted with the regular login screen.
    It will say the login for the server will be 192.168.1.101 however upon logging in if I run ifconfig it shows only the localhost

At this point I'm considering installing Debian and then installing OMV as part of the OS so my partner can use it as a desktop.
    However I have that Raid 5 that I setup within the webgui... and I really don't fancy like loosing 8TB worth of data.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    if I load into maintenance mode, or load into normal boot (Which takes a LONG time to get to the login prompt) and I use omv-firstaid if I try to configure the network card now as soon as I select the option the grey box goes blank and it kicks me back to the CLI with no errors displayed.

• However I have that Raid 5 that I setup within the webgui... and I really don't fancy like loosing 8TB worth of data.

It will be redetected after installation. Just unplug it for installation.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!