TimeMachine setup

• I was hoping to get some help setting up Time Machine and OMV. I have installed the OMV plugin. Set everything up as Im pretty sure I should. I goto my OSX ML install and proceed to setup Time Machine. It discovers the disk right away. I tell it to connect and it pops up asking Guest or Registered User. Whether I use Guest or Registered User I always get the same error "Time Machine can’t access the backup disk “timemachine”. The operation couldnt be completed. (OSStatus Error 2.)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• i think we need some more infos.
    screenshots of your Apple Filing share configuration.
    have you mounted the share with, i think its cmd+L in finder?
    screenshots and more details of the error?

i have set it up. mac os x is very very bitchy in this situation.
    was hard to get it work.
    as far as i can remember it works only with a registered user.

warning: mac os x has no size limitations on timemachine disks in default configuration. it will use all the space available on the share if its needed. there are several videos on youtube how to change it. or you can use omv LVM plugin to create partitions for the backup.

greetings

• HI there,

I don't actually know anything about OMV (though I am planning on installing it on my box in the next few months). That said, I have set up an Ubuntu server in the past and encountered an error similar to the one you seem to be having. In Lion and Mountain Lion, Apple changed how the system connects to afp shares. Newer installations of netatalk have fixed the incompatibilities and you could try upgrading IF OMV is using an older version (again, I have no idea which version OMV is using). Alternatively, check out this thread on this forum:

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=203

Here they talk about the same issue I had been having with Lion and offer up a solution that appears to be working for them.

Hope this helps.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!