Cant't delete McMyAdmin

• Hi,
    I don't know how, but McMyAdmin seems to be installed on my system (kralizek).
    I havn't installed it myself, it is also not marked as "installed" in plugins, but i have an entry for this in "services" and the service ist running (but is not enabled in the settings !).
    But I can't stop it and I even can't deinstall it.

When I try to deinstall with "apt-get purge openmediavault-mcmyadmin" I get an error "the package is in very bad shape, try a new install".
    But this error also pops up when i try to install it.

Even the installation via webgui doesn't work (thought I can install it to deinstall after this).

So, what cant I do to remove it ?
    I don't want to restart my machine because I'm reshaping my raid6 (added 4 new discs). An this will take a while.....

Here ist the output of my ssh-session (in german):

Code
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openmediavault-mcmyadmin (--configure):
     Paket ist in einem sehr schlechten inkonsistenten Zustand - Sie sollten es
     nochmal installieren, bevor Sie die Konfiguration versuchen.
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
     openmediavault-mcmyadmin
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}}
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • First give output of:

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

It doesn't look like McMyAdmin has been ported to Kralizec yet. I would try this:

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mcmyadmin

• The output of dpkg -l | grep openmediavault:

Code
    root@nas:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                     0.6.0.10                      all                                                                                                                                                                       Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup              0.6.0.2                       all                                                                                                                                                                       backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.2                           all                                                                                                                                                                       GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rFR openmediavault-mcmyadmin           0.5.5                         all                                                                                                                                                                       McMyAdmin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        0.6.21                        all                                                                                                                                                                       OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver     0.6.1                         all                                                                                                                                                                       OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    root@nas:~#

Output of apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mcmyadmin:

I even don't know how this plugin was installed, because i didn't choose (and use) it (I even havn't activated the miller repos....)

• @Ryeco, why is this even showing in the plugins in Kralizec??? Would enabling the sardaukar repo then installing/removing the package work? Then switch repo back to kralizec???

Let Aaron look at this.. I think the best way to fix it might be to upgrade the openmediavault-mymcadmin package. Then you upgrade it and uninstall. Be patient.

• Offizieller Beitrag

McMyadmin should install/uninstall (did on my test vm) on Kralizec and is in the kralizec-miller-testing repo. Not sure why it is broken on this system. This system is also having problem with openmediavault-downloader. Last time I saw that, the user had linux mint repos enabled.

I would do the following:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-mcmyadmin
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-mcmyadmin

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My sources-list:

Only thing I changed was the # in front of the cdrom entry

@Ryeco: worked. reinstall an deinstall worked, mcmyadmin is gone. No menu-enty left under services, but when I try to look at diagnistics/services I get the following error:

• Also, change your sources.list to this. Then "apt-get update". People have had issues with mirrors. That is why we locked sources.list. Ask me if you need info. to unlock.

• The file /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/mcmyadmin.inc isn't there.

sources.list changed, still the same error after apt-get update:

Code
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}}
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    root@nas:~#
  • Did you enable the check marks at /system/update manager/ then on right settings TAB??? If you did take those check marks off and then save and apply. Then tell me if you have error. Don't enable those.

• Can you tell me what to look for ?
    I see that the password for my mailaccount is shown in this file, i don't know what else will be shown which is not for public....

• In the services sections see if there is a section for mcmyadmin. If there is give me entry above, the mcmyadmin section and the entry below in a codebox. I show you exactly what to delete if it is there.

• No, there's no entry "mcmyadmin".

When I look in the file /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc there's a section "get the list of registered modules" and after this it tries to get the status of each module.
    It seems that the mcmyadmin-service ist still registered.

• The file is not there.
    So I uninstalled omv extras, but it is still marked as installed.
    I can't install it again.

EDIT: Now it works. First try apt-get said the package could not be found. So I uploaded it again in the plugin-page, after this i could install it again.

Now I can see the services again, but still got the error after apt-get update:

Code
    [code]Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE\n:\nUnable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE\n:\nUnable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}}
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig

[/code]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!