Changing from RAID 5 to SnapRaid?

• Hi,

a couple of weeks ago I build my first NAS with OMV and RAID 5. Everything seems to work fine (although I haven't really used the NAS that much yet). Since I plan to use my NAS mainly as a media server (movies, music and pictures), it seems like SnapRaid would be better suited for my purpose. But the data is already on the RAID array. Is their a way to migrate from a RAID 5 to SnapRaid without having to delete all the data? I have about 2 TB of media to transfer so I could use a external HDD, but if there is a faster solution please tell me.

Cheers
    TiredHornet

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• Use the internal SATA Port =) That is way faster.

If you dont have any warranty on your external drive you could open it VERY carefully (there are some manuals on the internet) and plug it to a free SATA slot on your NAS =)

• Okay, so I'll pull the HDD from it's case. Don't think there is any warranty left on that external hard drive. Thanks for the advice.

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• Hi,

I'm trying to delete the RAID array and I am running into some trouble. I get this error message:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-rmraid /dev/md0': mdadm: failed to stop array /dev/md0: Device or resource busy
    Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc:390
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRaidMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('RaidMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I already removed all the SMB/CIFS shares and the shared folders except one for external hard drive, where I get the following error:

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='4be60e62-77ce-4de2-8ff2-e6b95425d987'])' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:466
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

EDIT:

Just figured it out. I had to delete the logical volumes to.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!