Some OMV Plugins Questions (Need Help)

• 1. Is there a software that can Scan the completed torrent downloads folder, Extract the RAR's, But keep the RAR for seeding purposes?

2. EXtplorer - Can I use this to view-edit-delete files on the OMV installed HDD?
    Was able to install this, but I keep getting permission denied. Or failed messages when I try to add files,delete,create custom folders.

Just wanted to say that so far I love OMV. My favorite thing about it, was that I could mount my 4TB HDD filled with data without having to format my drive. Originally I was using OMV as a SMB share. So I could view my videos over the network on XBMC in another room. And also stream my media through Plex to my phone on the go.
    It has been an awesome experience.

Im still learning my way around the terminal through SSH. I know how to use the terminal very little, not an expert yet. I have been more then 1 month now trying to figure these out, and haven't had any real luck. So I decided to post in hopes that someone could help. So if someone can help me out as detailed as possible. I would really appreciate it.

Thank You so much for reading, Have a great day

• It sounds like you are trying to view/edit/delete torrented files. Remember that the Transmission plugin downloads are ownership debian-transmission. You would have to chown those files (to change ownership) to the same user that extPlorer uses to be able to do that. Upload a file from extPlorer to your OMV. Then go into ssh and change directory to the folder where the file is located. Do a stat command on the file. This will tell you what user your extPlorer is using.

stat filename

Then you would have to use chown on the files downloaded by Transmission to change them so matches ownership that extPlorer is using to be able to use via extPlorer.

• Or just change both main group of the two users to 'user'.

Code
    usermod -g users username

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Got it, thanks david and tek will try it out in EXtplorer

About my first question. I need something to Automatically extract completed RAR's. I was playing around with SickRage, from the millers script. There is an option to "unpack" rar in the Post-Processing section. But when I tick that, it says "unrar executable not found". So I checked the sickrage Log/errors and I got this message:

Server Thread-7 :: Rar Not Supported: Unsupported RAR version, expected 4.x or 5.x, found: 3.93

So I was wondering, How can I update Unrar in OMV to either version 4.x or 5.x so I can use the auto Unrar feature of sickrage???

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I don't use transmission but most of the guys that do have this. If he does not we can find someone else that can direct you to it.

I think transmisson is the best one on OMV that I tried so far imo. Didn't really like Deluge on it. Which torrent client do you use on OMV? any other alternatives? other then transmission & deluge? I got Qbittorent installed from a script I saw on youtube, but it seemed broken when it ran, so I just went back to transmission...and ok, i'LL give him sometime to respond, if he doesn't then i'LL just post back here or something

• I don't torrent much. I have Vuze setup and sometimes Transmission. In my virtual machine I'm using to help you guys I do not have Transmission setup yet. Been testing other things.

• Oh I see, yea Vuse is good. I actually was running Utorrent inside a XP VM for a little while because of the RSS filter in it. But just stopped using that one now that I found out about the sickrage from the miller script + transmission working good for me :D

• Woot? I don't use transmission at all. :lol:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!