AsRock B85M-ITX Qualcomm® Atheros® AR8171 Ethernet Adapter

• Hallo,

I plan to realize a NAS with an AsRock B85M-ITX Motherboard and I need help to install Qualcomm® Atheros® AR8171 Gigabit LAN Driver for OpenMediaVault. Is for this Qualcomm onboard LAN a driver available or planed to become available for OpenMediaVault? Or should I plan to use a separate PCI-E network card with an Intel Gigabit LAN.

regards
    hfiom

• For this type of Motherboard it is the best way to install Debian Wheezy with OpenMediaVault Kralizec, tough it is still in beta stage.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

For this type of Motherboard it is the best way to install Debian Wheezy with OpenMediaVault Kralizec, tough it is still in beta stage.

Greetings
    David

Hallo David,
    thank you. Where can I found Debian Wheezy with OpenMediaVault Kralizec to download? Is there an amd64 iso image available or an USB Installation?
    Perhaps here http://sourceforge.net/project…alizec/main/binary-amd64/ ? But how to install just packages?

regards
    hfiom

• Install Debian Wheezy via iso from debian.org. Then install Kralizec with these commands:

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2140 (Substitute kralizec for sardaukar).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k () aus folgendem Grund: Correcty Case-sensitive typo

• Debian 7.5.0 (Wheezy?) installation does't find my network card (Qualcom Atheros AR8171), also manually this kind of Ethernet apdapter is not choosable in hardware recognition dialog, or I cannot identifiy it from listed types i.e. ath, atl1, ...
    with ubuntu is works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Put in a temporary card until you can install the backports 3.14 kernel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The backports kernel is the kernel used in the next version of Debian. With Squeeze, it used the 2.6.32 by default and the backports kernel was the 3.2 kernel from Wheezy. With Wheezy, it uses the 3.2 kernel by default and the backports kernel is the 3.14 kernel from Jessie.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Install Debian Wheezy via iso from debian.org. Then install Kralizec with these commands:

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2140 (Substitute Kralizec for Sardaukar).

Greetings
    David

I installed Debian GNU/Linux 7 (I think, it should be "Wheezy", 3.2.0-4-amd64) and than I tried to install OMV like described in http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2140. "Kralizec" has capital letter, but it shoud be => "kralizec" in echo command. I first made all in a virtual machine, until my Network Card for my NAS will be delivered.

Just one problem arised at the end of the Installation:

Code
    nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address already in use)

HOW can I solve this? On port 80 the web Server is listening.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is apache installed?

Code
    dpkg -l | grep apache2

• Sorry for my typo.

Greetings
    David

• Hi guys,

I am new here and got the same Mainboard AsRock B85M-ITX and the same problem while trying to install OMV on it. It is not detecting the network card. However, I have also tried to install the latest ' debian-7.8.0-amd64-netinst ' without success. It also prompts for the network card drivers and is not detecting it.

Is there any other solution instead of installaing the OS SSD in another machine with a network card which is getting detected and install backports on it ? Will it boot from that SSD later after I move it back to the NAS ? Will it detect the network card than for sure ?

I dont have also the option to install another network card, because there is only a PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot and I dont have any card which would fit here.

I found in another forum someone who posted some "driver package" which should work for QA AR8171 network cards, however, when I copy them on a USB stick and say "search for additional drivers" while the network card detection, it is not detecting them.

Is there no option to build a new OMG image with either the drivers or backports already installed ?

Can you tell me, how to get my new hardware and software running ? Will OMV detect Wifi USB Sticks ?

Regards,

mihai

• Offizieller Beitrag

You listed just about all the options we normally recommend I would use a different machine if you have one. From the other posts I found on this forum, the backports kernel should work with the AR8171. There is no danger in trying, is there? Just run omv-firstaid from the command line once you move the ssd to the new system.

You could purchase a PCI-E network card or a usb ethernet adapter (omv doesn't support wifi).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!