Can't get Plex to see folders

• Hi I am currently testing OMV in a VM on my Mac. I have the basics setup (hopefully correctly) and have installed the Plex Plugin. When I tried to add a folder, for instance Movies, Plex cannot drill down to it.

Here is my setup:

The Shared folders. My user is a member of users and has read/write this this.

The share under AFP.

My 2 folders I have created for the test.

Plex Media Server Installed.

As you can see no Movies or TV Shows folder appear.

Can someone point me in the right direction? The Synology makes this so easy.

Cheers,
    James

OMV 4.x running under ESX with SAS drives passed through

• Can you give a stat command on the PlexArea folder?

cd /media
    cd ./b966 and then press TAB
    stat PlexArea

Chang directory to the level where you can list the PlexArea folder then run that command and give results.

Also, there is a curved arrows in the Movies sections of PlexMediaServer. Did you click on that to update library?

• See above about the update button in plex. Did you try that?

Oh wait a minute...

cd /media
    cd ./b966 and then press TAB
    chown -R 775 PlexArea

Do that ... Next time when you create the shared folder for use with PMS make sure others (group) has read only. It is the default selection when you create a shared folder.

PS- If you use Putty to ssh into your OMV you can hold the left mouse button and then highlight output of a command by moving your mouse over it. Then leave it highlighted and come to forum. Make a codebox right click and you can paste what is still highlighted in Putty.

• Ok I've done that. Would I need to stop and start Plex as still cant see the folders? I use terminal on the mac. Can do the same?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jamesjfa ()

• Try the update button in Plex. Also, to the right of the curved arrow there is a dropdown that looks like a gear. In the dropdown there is a force refresh.

But yes, an alternative would be to restart.

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver restart

PS- with SMB/CIFS it should update automatically. With different version the auto-update has not worked sometimes. I'm not sure about AFP. You would have to inquire on plex forums if it auto update with afp.

• Ok restart didn't work either. Will create a new Shared Folder and as you suggest, and make sure others have read only instead of no access. I'll be back in a minute....

• Don't use ACL. Use privileges.

Code
    root@kralizecvm:/media/db861eca-ea3d-40fb-bc9c-76c5d0b2044e# stat media
      File: `media'
      Size: 4096            Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   directory
    Device: 821h/2081d      Inode: 393217      Links: 6
    Access: (2775/drwxrwsr-x)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Access: 2014-06-09 03:00:21.655111156 -0400
    Modify: 2014-06-07 07:18:13.263508540 -0400
    Change: 2014-06-07 07:18:13.263508540 -0400
     Birth: -

Here is what a shared folder should look like.. notice the 2775. The last 5 means others (all other users) has read only. That is all plex needs.

PS- Most of us use SMB/CIFS with Plex, not AFP.

• Ok that worked. I recreated the share with others as read-only as you advised. Also gave my user read/write under privileges. Now copying a large movie over to see how it works. Not sure how good it will be in a VM. Thank you so much with your help with this.

I'm liking what I see with this software. Looks like a great community too. Just the way it should be.

I use mostly macs here. To be honest not sure what would be faster anyway SMB / AFP. I noticed you are using the new version. I put it on a VM but not gotten round to having a play yet. How stable would you say it is? Do all the plugins work?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jamesjfa ()

• Out of the stuff you mentioned in other post we have plugins for everything you mentioned except a photostation type plugin. But we will eventually. OMV is really stable and once you've been using it a while you will like it.

• You are lucky.. I was in old forums and had to wait 1 year before I could even try an ISO. :shock: Volker, the lead developer, started forums well before the 1st version was ready.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!