Graph "Disk Usage" not working

• Hi,

I managed to to install Debian Wheezy on my Zyxel NSA310 and afterwards I put kralizec on top, as mentioned here in the forum.
    Seems to run fine, but one thing...

The graph "Disk Usage" is empty.
    Alle other graphs work fine.

Syslog tells me a lot of:

Code
    Jun 20 09:31:02 nsa310 collectd[2435]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status -1.
    Jun 20 09:31:02 nsa310 collectd[2435]: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd, [1403249462:249999360.000000], 1) failed with status -1.
    Jun 20 09:31:02 nsa310 collectd[2435]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status -1.
    Jun 20 09:31:02 nsa310 collectd[2435]: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd, [1403249462:1292464128.000000], 1) failed with status -1.
    Jun 20 09:31:12 nsa310 collectd[2435]: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd, [1403249472:3442483200.000000], 1) failed with status -1.

Who can me help out of this?

Thanks in advance

Murphy

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• I'm in a similar situation (but with sardaukar on wheezy), but only the CPU usage charts work, all others do not.
    If I press 'Refresh', I get this:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkgraph 2>&1': ERROR: invalid rpn expression in: used1,free1,+' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rrd.inc:65
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRrd->generate(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('generate', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Rrd', 'generate', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

In syslog I get errors about 'illegal attempt to update using time xxxxxx when last update time is xxxxxx (minimum one second step)' - the times are identical.

Anyway, I don't care much about the charts.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have more than one drive in the system?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is why the graph does not work. OMV doesn't show you a graph for the drive that the OS is installed on.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, it does on my primary NAS (see signature)...
    Got 2 graphs (2 GB ATA flash with OS and 3TB Data Disk).

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

That is why the graph does not work. OMV doesn't show you a graph for the drive that the OS is installed on.

Hi

Does it have to be a totally different drive, or would OpenMediaVault be mostly functional (i.e. be able to create shares, set up rsync jobs, etc) if I partitioned the disk and 'pointed' OMV to data on the second partition (I'm not bothered about disk graphs working)? Just for an experiment, I was thinking of installing Wheezy in a small partition on a RAID 1 ARM based Qnap (a TS-219P+), then using apt-get to install OMV (with the media and data being on another partition); does that sound plausible, or can anyone see any potential problems with that idea?

Bri :)

NB Ultimately, I plan to build what 'techtom' has described and thus I can arrange for a separate location for Devian/OMV, but it would be cool if it could also be made to work on the Qnap.

• It is functional this way. Just the Graph isn't working.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David

Thank you for confirming that! I tried it on a VM with a single 'drive' and that's how I discovered that nothing much could be done (couldn't select paths to shares or set up rsync jobs) so I was hoping the partitioning trick (on the Qnap) would get round that; again, thank you for confirming that it does (and I'll either post back about how it all goes, or post an advert for a bricked Qnap)! :lol:

All the best
    Briain

• Using this method since Day 1 on my NAS too. But its easier for many users to split data and OS onto different hard disks in case of disk failure. ;) Thats why its not supported out of the Box.
    Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• You could try the solution given in the following post for fixing disk (and all other) performance graphs in OMV:

No Graphs - OMV 2.x

For those of you too lazy to click on the link, here is what you need to do from a terminal (logged in as root or prepend all commands by sudo):

rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost
    rm /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/*
    service collectd restart
    service rrdcached restart

Then wait at least 5 minutes after which your graphs will hopefully be working - it needs to regenerate some statistic files so your graphs will still not work for a few minutes following this fix.

• Hello everybody
    I work on OVM 3.* 64Bit
    For a few weeks, after an update, all the graphics no longer work.
    I tried to stop/start the service, purge the data collection files.
    But I still do not have a chart.
    I tried to see in the logs where the problem could be, but I didn't find anything special.
    Would anyone have any leads to advise me?

Thank you very much

Add:
    I tried to launch the command line "/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph" ==> always KO, no graph generated.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von M3rlin () aus folgendem Grund: Add informations

• i did follow the instructions fromrobbiegregg-now i have 2 of them with graphs /thank you
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches (if you have high cache consuption /i know linux is diferrent from windows -not necesarry)
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo rm /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/*
    rm: cannot remove '/var/lib/rrdcached/journal/*': No such file or directory
    root@openmediavault:~# service collectd restart
    root@openmediavault:~# service rrdcached restart

NOTE/if you had a hdd connected ,and removed ,then you will have a error like this in system logs ....
    mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Maxtor1TB' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Maxtor1TB is not a mountpoint
    so the graph will stop until you will remove the hdd from filesystem or put it back
    after that ,it will work again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!