OMV (Fedaykin) on RPi with armhf/armel

• Yes. Thanks a lot for helping me. It is great to find people like you, even if we didn't succeed to solve my problem of mounting this mmcblk0p2 partition in OMV.
    My plan is to :
    - make a backup of my sdcard as is
    - uninstalling and reinstalling openmediavault
    If it does not work :
    - install (load image of) the armel distrib
    - install openmediavault
    I will come back with my experience on all of this.

• Hello ! I come back with the solution of my problem.
    To remember, I use a RPI on Raspbian armhf.
    My problem was that when I tried to mount the second partition of my RPI with OMV, the next reboots failed.
    The error is "mmcblk0p2" is mounted.

At this moment the fs tab is like this :
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
    # a swapfile is not a swap partition, so no using swapon|off from here on, use dphys-swapfile swap[on|off] for that
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=b7b5ddff-ddb4-48dd-84d2-dd47bf00564a /media/b7b5ddff-ddb4-48dd-84d2-dd47bf00564a ext4 defaults,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

And I understood that the error comes because openmediavault add a line with an UUID pointing to the same mmcblk0p2 and at the end of the line, the "2" says to Raspbian to check the partition.
    BUT ! As the mmcblk0p2 is already mounted and checked from a line above, this check always fails.

So I just had to replace the "2" by a "0" so that Raspbian doesn't check this partition.

The fstab looks then like this :
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
    # a swapfile is not a swap partition, so no using swapon|off from here on, use dphys-swapfile swap[on|off] for that
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=b7b5ddff-ddb4-48dd-84d2-dd47bf00564a /media/b7b5ddff-ddb4-48dd-84d2-dd47bf00564a ext4 defaults,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Raspbian boots well now and OMV too !

Hope this helps.

• Hello.

My problem is that when I try to create a shared folder in OMV on my RPI armhf, the folder tree has some character encoding issues :

The "é", "à" and other characters display "?" instead.
    Do you know how to fix that ?
    My OMV is in french. Default encoding of my RPI is fr_FR@UTF_8.
    My USB drive is formatted in FAT32 and already contains a lot of files.

Please. Help :cry:

• Well, I have to admit I like to answer my-self to my problems.
    To resolve the character encoding issue I added the "iocharset=utf8" string in the /etc/fstab file on the line that OMV added when it mounted the drive.
    So the /etc/fstab line looks like this :

Code
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/413A-20EB /media/413A-20EB vfat defaults,iocharset=utf8 0 0
  • Zitat von "berturion"

I'm sorry, i'm so a noob !
    I went to :
    http://omv-plugins.org/
    I downloaded the .deb file by clicking "OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Download for OMV 0.4 (Fedaykin)"
    I sent this on my rpi by ssh and installed it there.
    Then, as asked in the installation, I opened the OMV interface, clicked on "plugins" in "system" section and after a moment, voilà, a beautiful list of omv plugins appeared

I'm experiencing same issue, but i can't figure how to install it.

It says "You only need to upload/install this at: System -> Plugins": i did try, but after uploading it tries to check plugin list and i still get the error:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C;sudo dpkg-query --list openmediavault-*': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/plugin.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: PluginRpc->getList(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}
  • Sorry if this is a stupid question but:

are you(sucessful Rpi OMV users) using a usb drive to store your data and if so, I assume there is no raid or redundancy?

Doesn't the SD card die after a month/week/amount of time just like trying to run omv off a USB stick?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I only installed OMV on my rpi to play with it. You could very easily run a raid of usb drives for redundancy. If you run your rpi continuously, I'm sure it would kill the SD just as quickly as a regular x86/amd64 install would. You could move some of the logging to directories to a usb hard drive to help that if you really wanted to use an rpi for OMV.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ah, ok. thought you had possibly some sort of seocndary nas or something. I use a little atom mainboard with a sata raid array, and an ssd for the os. I use the Pi as my mediacentre though.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "magnets99"

I use the Pi as my mediacentre though.

Me too :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hi, i've been runing OMV on my Rpi for the past month and all is been working flawlessly . I did a apt-get upgrade and suddenly i can't log in the webgui. I've tried omv-firstaid and changed the password but still i can't login. My guess is mysql-common and libmysql18 were updated and proably is causing this problem, but it's only a guess from someone who's not an expert. Are your omv runing oK? Is there anybody who can give me a hand on this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The webgui doesn't use mysql. Your sd card is either full or it is about to die. OMV wears out sd media/usb sticks quickly.

• Thanks for the fast response, i've moved the partition from the usb stick to a usb disk and it all worked but the problem remains, can't login. I don't think my usb disk is about to die and it's not full.
    Because i'm little bored today i'm giving it away and reinstalling all to usb disk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If files were corrupt, they would be transferred to the new disk. I would definitely install fresh.

• Hi, i'm facing something that i don't understand and i can't solve it.
    I've done a fresh install. I've installed raspbian through berryboot, updated and upgraded. Then i followed the steps in the first post of this thread. I've resized the first partition to create a second partition with all the media stuff. Then i log in in the webgui and i can't share a folder because it doesn't detect any volumes. What i am doing wrong?
    Anybody can help me? :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using a usb disk or sd card?

If you are using a usb disk, what shows up under Physical disks?

If you are using the sd card... I haven't used omv on my rpi in a while but I think it doesn't see them because they are mmc instead of sdX. You could plug in a usb stick to use for data and see if it recognizes that.

• I just did a fresh install but am having an issue when I try to click anything under the storage folder in the GUI the whole thing locks up. I have to reboot it to get anything to work again. Any ideas. I dont even know where to begin to give you the info you need to help so just ask me questions and I will try to answer. I am a new linux user. Sorry.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!