Plexmediacenter can't setup database volume

• Hello,
    I wiil try to explain my problem.

After a weird problem on my server i have to re-install it. not a big deal till i try to re-install plex.

I did all this point 3 time.

1. new install from OMV
    2. add new repository
    3. share my disk
    4. install plex
    5.a setting notting inside the "database volume field.
    5.b run PLEX no problem it run great.
    Now my problem.

6. set up a different folder for the database volume
    7. plex don't go anymore. some time i got a error message some time not. but anyway when try to open plex notting appends

I can't leave de database volume blank. because my system hdd is small.

After this 7 step.
    i try to erase all my plexdatafolder and try another time same issue.

Any idea ?

Thx

• Once plexmediaserver is setup you can't just change the database folder location. The plex user, the user that runs PlexMediaServer, is set to that folder as it's home location. Why are you not choosing the location you want when you originally setup the settings and enable??? Post setup why are you messing with it?

• Ok this time i do what i suppose u said to do. (my emglish suck so maybe i miss understood)

I remove the plug in ans re-install it. and before anything i set up the data base volume. save
    then enable plex. and he dont runs. like the other times.

do you think a clean install can solve the problem ?

• The plugin will not let you leave the database on the system drive. It has to be moved to a data drive.

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

Then reinstall.

Don't use acl with your shared folder that you are using for media. Use privileges.

• I would say there is no need to remove them. Just don't use them anymore, as they should not be necessary.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• When you create your media shared folder you want to make sure you use the default drop down that has read/write Administrator (owner), read/write user and read only others. The chmod that is setup with this is 775. The last 5 means all other users will be able to read the data put in this folder. PlexMediaServer is run by the plex user which is created when the plugin is installed. The plex user would be a other user but be able to read, due to read only others, the media.

After you created a shared folder go into Privileges. You want to give at least one user read/write privileges so that user can upload (via SMB/CIFS or NFS) data to the shared folder. I usually have one user are read/write (me) and then maybe a few more users that would be read privileges.

I usually only have one shared folder called Media (via SMB/CIFS). Once the shared Media folder is create I give read/write privileges to my user and then share the Media folder via SMB/CIFS. Then I will connect via my Windows machine to the share. Once connected I create folders inside the Media share via the SAMBA connection from Windows. Right click and on the submenu click on go to new/folder. I create the following folders via that method: Music, Movies, TV, Photos, etc....

• So i try to do

Zitat

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

after reinstall the both field data volume ans date folder is now empty. before the data folder was "var/lib/plexmediaserver"

I set up the volume for the data and try to run it, i got this

:o

• Did you set a volume (i.e. one of your data drives)???? The plugin will move the database automatically from /var/lib/plexmediaserver to the root of the selected volume and also change the home directory of the plex user to the new location. You cannot leave the volume blank on the settings page.

To check if it is running:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status

if it is not running do this:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

• This is your problem. You have no plex user. You need to create the plex user. Whoah... No plexmediaserver folder either.

Did you enable the plexmediaserver repo in OMV Extras plugin??? It is like plexmediaserver did not even install.

On the OMV Extras plugin there is a Secondary TAB. There you need to put a check mark in the Plex repo and then save/apply.

• I have createt plex user.
    Now i can apply without error. but still the same. when i try /etc/init.d/plexmediacenter start

He say : done

But after a /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status
    It seems that Plex Media Server isn't running (no process found).

I think i'm cursed nothing else to say

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!