Problem to mount NTFS partition

• Hi everybody, im trying to mount an usb HD 2TB NTFS device but this is the result:

Errore #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '/media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01//HDWD2T': ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc:90
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(204): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(253): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #8 {main}

Anyway i disconnect the device but can't apply any modify because this error block!!

Can u help me please?

• Which version of OpenMediaVault are you using?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Some people forget to dismount external HDDs before removing it from the system. This leads to errors sometimes.

Post the output of the following commands (via SSH/CLI):

Code
    blkid
    cat /etc/fstab

And you can also try this via CLI to 'force mount' the hard disk:

Code
    mount -a

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Blkid:

/dev/sda1: UUID="d9a31260-c749-47bc-b152-944483d58830" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda5: UUID="5eed4d89-c68f-4f89-a8e9-426dcc206668" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="WD-2TB" UUID="00ED1F0676843473" TYPE="ntfs"

cat /etc/fstab:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    # / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    UUID=d9a31260-c749-47bc-b152-944483d58830 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
    # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
    UUID=5eed4d89-c68f-4f89-a8e9-426dcc206668 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/sdb1 /media/usb0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=b67945a9-a0c3-42f0-ba4d-df22d39d1d56 /media/b67945a9-a0c3-42f0-ba4d-df22d39d1d56 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
    UUID=f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01 /media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/00ED1F0676843473 /media/00ED1F0676843473 ntfs defaults,nofail 0 2
    UUID=2cc9fa29-7ca5-48c8-8b4a-93d4fb57f732 /media/2cc9fa29-7ca5-48c8-8b4a-93d4fb57f732 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
    /media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01//HDWD2T /home/ftp/HDWD2T none bind 0 0
    /media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01/MaxtorNFS/ /export/MaxtorNFS none bind 0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

mount -a:

ntfs-3g-mount: failed to access mountpoint /media/00ED1F0676843473: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /media/2cc9fa29-7ca5-48c8-8b4a-93d4fb57f732 does not exist

• Let's try it quick and dirty:

Code
    mkdir -p /media/00ED1F0676843473
    mkdir -p /media/2cc9fa29-7ca5-48c8-8b4a-93d4fb57f732
    mount -a

Greetings
    David

• now the HD it's mount but can't apply any modifiy, the error message is ever the same:

Failed to mount '/media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01//HDWD2T':

It's like there was something pending can't apply?????? There is a method to reset pending operations?

• If you're on one of the latter 0.5 versions, yes, you can revert all your changes. This should be offered in the Yellow Apply Box, too.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

If you're on one of the latter 0.5 versions, yes, you can revert all your changes. This should be offered in the Yellow Apply Box, too.

Greetings
    David

perhaps I have not explained well, when i try to apply in the yellow box give me the error:

Failed to mount '/media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01//HDWD2T'

And the yellow box remains!!!!!!!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

If you're on one of the latter 0.5 versions, yes, you can revert all your changes. This should be offered in the Yellow Apply Box, too.

Greetings
    David

What does it means?? When i try to apply remind me the same error ever!!!! And the yellow box dont go away!

• Not sure right now wether or not Volker backported this to 0.5 or if its 0.6 only:

If thats not there than you probably have to edit your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file manually (make a backup before you do) and remove all tags that withhold the UUID of your NTFS drive.

Whats the exact Error message that is shown to you?

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Not sure right now wether or not Volker backported this to 0.5 or if its 0.6 only:

It's the 0.6 ready for download? The last is not the 0.5.48?

Anyway the error message is:

Failed to mount '/media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01//HDWD2T':

• No, its not yet ready for broad use. Especially not yet update ready.

Either remove the entrys in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml yourself, or post the full config here, you can create a config without passwords with the following command:

Code
    xmlstarlet ed -P -u \"//*/password\" -v \"xxxxx\" /etc/openmediavault/config.xml.bak

Greetings
    David

• this is my config.xml

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron () aus folgendem Grund: Put config.xml in code box

• Remove the following two blocks from your file:

Code
    <mntent>
                <uuid>dd772789-9ef8-42cf-9601-804fbfeb9e68</uuid>
                <fsname>/media/f4df8f34-8e8b-cf01-e057-8f348e8bcf01//HDWD2T</fsname>
                <dir>/home/ftp/HDWD2T</dir>
                <type>none</type>
                <opts>bind</opts>
                <freq>0</freq>
                <passno>0</passno>
              </mntent>

And

Then hit apply in the WebGUI again.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!