Kralizec on top of Squeeze...

• ...I've done it - not by purpose, just by stupidness. At least I know by now that I had to upgrade to wheezy first :?
    After a few hours later my OMV is messed up with a broken OMV 0.6.0.12 installation, no web gui and no idea how to revert my mistakes.
    I can ssh and tried different ways to either upgrade to wheezy after Kralizec or downgrade to Sardaukar with no success but with similar errors:

Entfernen von openmediavault-webdav ...
    .: 25: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openmediavault-webdav (--remove):
    Unterprozess installiertes post-removal-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 127 zurück
    configured to not write apport reports
    Entfernen von openmediavault-website ...
    .: 22: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openmediavault-website (--remove):
    Unterprozess installiertes post-removal-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 127 zurück
    configured to not write apport reports
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    openmediavault-webdav
    openmediavault-website

I'd be very glad to get an advice to fix this mess without starting form scratch, reinstalling and configuring the whole thing!
    Thank you!

• No no, no nightmare....as you suggested I made a fresh install with Wheezy and OMV 1, everything is working so far - except of my main reason upgrading to Kralizec: The iTunes/daap plugin refuses to start.
    De-installed/re-installed it different times with no luck (and no visible errors though). I can't get daap to start. Any idea?

• There seems to be a bug...

Code
    Jun 23 18:23:03 microserver monit[2913]: 'forked-daapd' process is not running
    Jun 23 18:23:03 microserver monit[2913]: 'forked-daapd' trying to restart
    Jun 23 18:23:03 microserver monit[2913]: 'forked-daapd' start: /etc/init.d/forked-daapd
    Jun 23 18:23:03 microserver forked-daapd: BUG in libdispatch:  - 170 - 0x4
    Jun 23 18:23:04 microserver forked-daapd: BUG in libdispatch:  - 116 - 0x4
    Jun 23 18:23:04 microserver monit[2913]: 'forked-daapd' monitor on user request
    Jun 23 18:23:04 microserver monit[2913]: monit daemon at 2913 awakened

Code
    Process 'forked-daapd'
      status                            Execution failed
      monitoring status                 Monitored
      data collected                    Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:25:34
  • Hi I have this same problem also on wheezy+kralizec , daapd can not run, the same bug in libdispatch 170 message in the sys logs.
    Also not only daapd, but also plexmediaserver from extras plugin (1.0.1) also not running.
    Still need help on this two issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep forked-daapd

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron

Code
    root@Storage:~# dpkg -l | grep forked-daapd
    ii  forked-daapd                       0.19gcd-2.1                   amd64        media server with support for RSP, DAAP, DACP and AirTunes
    ii  openmediavault-forkeddaapd         1.0                           all          OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You could try this testing version of forked-daapd.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

It isn't a plugin. So, you have to install it from command line as root.

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/forked-daapd_20.0~omv1_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i forked-daapd_20.0~omv1_amd64.deb

If it gives you an error on the dpkg command, you will probably need to:

apt-get -f install

• Yes!!! This version is working perfectly! No problems at all - great! iTunes-Server functionality was next to video serving a main reason setting up a home server and the decision realizing this with OMV - although daap never works for me since I started OMV last october I'm very glad that it finally works.
    As you may noticed I'm not a Linux crack at all :? I would like to make the daap-server to start up automatically after reboot/startup. How can I realize that?
    Thank you for your very helpful hint in regards to daap v2!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should start automatically when the plugin is enabled. Otherwise, try:

update-rc.d forked-daapd defaults

• Hi tekkbebe,

finally it is solved. I started from fresh /media (after formatting fs) and then install the plugin from CLI dpkg as root (ver2 ..CMIIW).
    After no error is found, then install again the plugin in the OMV web interface (ver1). then setup the folder... and then initiate "update-rc.d forked-daapd defaults" from CLI.
    And then daapd is running... finally.

And now the last part is plexmediaserver that is not yet running.

Thank you all for your support ....

• Wow! The forked-daapd 2 plugin has been released. Is it safe to install the plugin with the non-plugin forked-daapd 20.0~omv1 version already installed and working or do I have to uninstall this version first. And if yes, how will I do this?
    Thanks!

Kind regards
    Frank

• Offizieller Beitrag

forked-daapd 2 plugin??

openmediavault-forkdaapd is the plugin the sets settings for the program.
    forked-daapd is the program.

All of the program forked-daapd will work with the plugin. The version number has changed because it is a fork of the original forked-daapd. I would just use the newest versions of both.

• Hey there ;)
    i've just updated OMV 0.59 to the last OMV 1.0.23. I was a little bit scared but there were no errors during the updateprocess.
    So i'd like to use forked daapd and installed the plugin. After configuration and activation, nothing happens in itunes... ?? Now i'm a little bit confused.
    The Service ist running. When i scan the NAS Client i can see that daap is available. Can anyone help me please.?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!