[RESOLVED] Can't delete shared folder and filesystem ?

• After installing my internal mSATA in my N40-L as system drive I just play a little bit with the machine and
    try to learn a bit more of it's usage.

I could mount the data drive, enabled SMB/CIFS , created a user and a filesystem (etx4). Worked fine.
    I can copy / delete data a.s.o.

Then I tried to go backward. I wanted to erase all data, eliminate the user and filesystem and then unmount the
    data drive to unplug it.

But I only could disable SMB/CIFS and delete the user. I can't delete the shared folder, the filesystem or unmount or delete
    the data drive ! ? These buttons are not lighted up.

Why isn't that possible. If I take the drive out anyway I think I'll run in the same problem described here.

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4332

What I'm doing wrong ? For me it looks like the usage is not foolproof for a newbie like me.

• It should be foolproof with Kralizec. Please post the full config.xml here.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Here is the config file

• Hehe, you tricked yourself. You enabled Home Folders, so you have to disable them too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

No, I Think I've not tricked myself. Whether "home directories" was enabled or disabled it doesn't work . I think all subsequent selections to "General Settings - Enable " are not active when "Enable is not selected. Isn't it this way ?

Do you need code of config again with "home directories" also disabled ?

Bcs till now I don't use OMV productive , I'll wait for OMV 0.6 or 1.0

• It's active in your config above. Post the config again when you disabled it in the GUI.

Greetings
    David

• Here the new config

I think the problem is that the filesystem is marked as still in use. Maybe the probloms arose bcs I also played with ACL ( activate/deactivate ) ?

• Tough no longer activated its still referenced in the config file. Therefore it is still beeing used. I'll need to check wether this is a bug or not. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Schönes intensives Spiel ;) Ich würde es Chile gönnen!
    So zurück zum Thema:
    lösche mal in der config.xml die Abschnitte, welche auf die Shares und auf das Filesystem verweisen. Vorher ein Backup der config machen, falls was schiefgeht.
    Das hat nix mit den ACLs zu tun.

Wir brauchen einen Schalter, der _alle_ Shares auf einer Festplatte aus der Config entfernt ...

• Erklärt aber nicht warum die Referenz auf die Homeshares verbleibt nach deaktivierung. ;)

Gruß
    David

• Yes, the shared folder must be a home directory for a user or something. You cannot delete the shared folder until it is not used by anything. Also, you cannot unmount a drive until it is unused by anything in the web-gui. I would edit your users and check if any of them have the shared folder in question as a home directory.

Once you get used to doing this properly you will save yourself many headaches.

• That's the way I thought it should work.

But as mentioned in the beginning:

But I only could disable SMB/CIFS and delete the user. I can't delete the shared folder, the filesystem or unmount or delete
    the data drive ! ? These buttons are not lighted up..........

I think I also deleted the data in the shared folder. As fa as I remember I couldn't delete the directories . So I ask myself who or what is still using the shared folder ?

I think now too it's a bug.

• The homefolder, tough disabled, is still refering to the shared folder. Can you post a screenshot of the home folder tab in the WebGUI?

Greetings
    David

• Thats not what I meant. Access Rights Management | User | second tab. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Are you able to delete the Location?

Greetings
    David

• In the settings I first enabled the location then I could selcet in the location "none"

and SURPRISE SURPRISE ( for me ) I was able to delete the shared folder and unmount
    and delete of the data drive is now also possible.

Congratiolations - problem solved.

Is this the way it was meant to work ? That mean, it is not sufficiant just to diable the "user home directory"

I fear more newbees maybe run also into this "trap".

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would say that is a bug.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!