I'm not able to remove folders or file system

• I've just installed OMV with 1 HD of 3TB and 3 HD of 1TB.

1) I've created a RAID 5 over the 3 HDs. These are empty but the time for the first resync is 130 minutes! It's correct?
    2) I've created a user and then I've tried to connect with this name from a Win8. I see a shared folder with the username and a folder "homes", but there are not these folders in OMV.
    3) So, in the 3TB disk I've created a folder "home-folder" and in this a folder with the name of user, but I'm still not able to see these with Win8.
    4) Now, in the user profile I've disabled the "Shared folder" checkbox , but in the "shared folder" this folder results still "used" and I'm not able to remove all the folders.
    5) I want also to delete the volume or the EXT4 file system, but the buttons are disabled.

Where I wrong?

A clarification:
    Over the 3TB disk I've created, in the order:
    - a physical volume
    - a Volume Group named "VolumeBackup"
    - a Logical Volume named "VolumeBackup1"
    - a File System named "VolumeBackup-VolumeBackup1"

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• 1 - Do you think this took long? Or was it too fast for you? 130 minutes seems legit.
    2 - if you tick the "home folder" in OMV, the folders are generated automatically per user
    3 - After creating a shared folder you have to serve it with a service too. So a) create a shared folder b) put it in SMB for example to get it served for your Win 8.
    4 - Almost the same as 3 but backwards. You have to delete the folder in the services like smb, afp, ftp ... Then delete it as a shared folder.
    5 - you can do this as soon as all shared folders are unused and home folders are deactivated

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

1 - Do you think this took long? Or was it too fast for you? 130 minutes seems legit.
    2 - if you tick the "home folder" in OMV, the folders are generated automatically per user

Thanks for your reply.

About this:
    1) yes In my opinion 130 minutes is a long time for empty disk, but if it is legit, OK.
    2) Where the home folders are generated? Can I decide the disk and the folder root of the home folders?

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• 2) Access Rights Management | User | Settings ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

2) Access Rights Management | User | Settings ;)

Greetings
    David

David, thanks, now I'm trying.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!