[RESOLVED] Can't get OMV 0.5 installed

• Hi @all,

as I „needed“ to enhance my Synology DS112j, I set up a self-built NAS. Prior to deciding which OS I wanted to use, I tried OMV on an old laptop. The installation (as well as the NAS afterwards) procedure worked like a charme. So I was confident to get OMV 0.5.48 to working on my system:

Code
    MB: ASUS H87I-Plus
    CPU: Intel G3220
    HDD: 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus Notebook SSD, 4 TB WD red, 3 TB WD Caviar green

The SATA is set to AHCI within the BIOS. As the MB uses an INTEL driver, I followed this http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3918. After being able to install the network driver, I was told, that no partition was there to install and that I should use the partition tool again - which led to no success.

To solve this issue, I tried to install Debian 6 with the 3.2 kernel via USB, as I don't have a CD-drive. Unfortunately, the installation (graphical installation) hung when trying to load data via CD-ROM.
    So, how can I install the current OMV? Or possibly another version? What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?
    Thank you for your suggestions,
    BR,
    Gilhin

• Try to install Debian 7. If this works you can already install Debian Kralizec (0.6).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!