[RESOLVED] OMV 0.6 no network interface in WebGUI

• Hopefully someone can help me..

first of all, I know OMV 0.6 is not out offically, but i tried to setup my NAS with this how-to: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4863

Everything is working fine, but i can't see any network interface in WebGUI under System -> Network -> Interfaces....
    Under OMV 0.4.x I had eth0 in WebGUI. FYI eth0 is recognized correctly by the system, it simply doesn't appear in the WebGUI...

votdev:
    OMV is getting better and better, keep on the good work ;)

Bilder

OMV 6.x with bpo Kernel running on:
    Board: ASRock H410M-ITX and Intel Pentium G6400T
    RAM: 16GB DDR4-3000 Corsair
    Case: Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced
    HDD: 1x 250GB NVME SSD Transcend and 2x 6TB 3.5" Seagate IronWolf ST6000VN001 + 1x 4TB 3.5" Seagate ST40000VN008

• Hi,

of course I already tried the "Add"-Button..... :)
    But there is no interface to select...
    Output of ifconfig:

As I said before, everything is working as it should, except to change eth0 settings over GUI. I can access the internet over CLI to update/install packages, sabnzbd is working.
    I also tried "omv-firstaid" command but it didn't resolve the problem.

HDD: 1x 250GB NVME SSD Transcend and 2x 6TB 3.5" Seagate IronWolf ST6000VN001 + 1x 4TB 3.5" Seagate ST40000VN008

• i have the exact same problem.

I have to use OMV 0.6.x because my Mainboard is pretty new on the market so not fully supported by OMV 0.5
    I was trying out omv 0.5 and i also installed the 3.2 backports kernel in omv 0.5 but nothing helped.
    the webgui showed popups: an error has occured.... all the time... the popups just came up random after some time.

so i installed omv 0.6 doing this:
    - installed debain 7.5 wheezy
    - logged into wheezy cli and installed backports kernel 3.14
    - installed firmware-realtek
    - installed omv 0.6

also did it withouth installing backports kernel under debian but no success

webgui works fine but it shows no ethernet interface.
    i am also unable to add one, as the upcomming window is empty and i cannot choose a device.

another question: is their a possibility to get minidlna running on kralizec?

greetings

OMV 0.6 with 3.14 bpo Kernel running (OMV 0.5.x + 3.2 bpo -> not working on my board, crashes often)
    Baord: ASRock Q1900-ITX (embedded Celeron J1900 4 x 2.0GHZ)
    RAM: 2 x 1GB SODIMM DDR3-1333
    Case: Lian Li Q08A
    HDD: 1x 60GB SSD (for OMV system) + 3 x 4TB WD Green (patched with wdidle3)

• Same issue here, new install of .6 to test migration of drives in the event that installing 1.0 is better than upgrading for .5 > 1.0

That being said, everything is working fine, and aside from having to blacklist mei_me it's been a relatively boring experience :P

• Thanks for the quick replys,

votdev: here is my output of the commands you mentioned

@tekkbebe: no I upgraded the backports kernel through CLI, like I did on OMV 0.4 and added "firmware-realtek" package from wheezy-backports, because I still had a warning about missing firmware for my Realtek NIC after installing "firmware-realtek" package from wheezy repo. I found out later that I could update the kernel through OMV Extras :D
    And here is the output you asked for:

I don't know if you guys still need such information..

EDIT: I added the commit from sourceforge from Volkers link, did a reboot and now eth0 shows up. Thanks guys :D:D:D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!