XtreemFS Plugin?

• Good morning. I came across this project a couple of weeks ago while looking into NAS solutions to potentially use with an XtreemFS setup.

Has anyone done any work on an XtreemFS plugin? OMV looks like it would make a good solutions as an OSD (Object Storage Device) to use with XtreemFS. I'm predominantly from a Fedora background but time providing will try to set up a virtual machine with OMV and have a play with trying to get XtreemFS installed. Hopefully it will play nice, but I'll see how it goes when i try to set one up. The fallback is to have another box running XtreemFS linked to the NAS box, but if the NAS & OSD can be on one box it would make for a nice solution. :)

If you're not familiar with XtreemFS, it's a Distributed File System with Replication options - the quickstart is at: http://www.xtreemfs.org/quickstart.php and they also have a debian package for it aswell.

Thanks.
    Jp.

• I had a little play tonight in a vmware session - liking the omv raid, grow, and online ext4 resizing etc through web interface.

managed to add the xtreemfs repo to apt-get and installed xtreemfs without any major issues, a few hitches with permissions on dirs and where folders are mounted, but looks like it's certainly within the realms of 'do-able'.

For now i'm at least satisfied i 'can' combine OMV & XtreemFS in a single box, even if i need to do a bit of command line work to get it set up in the first instance. Then for drive failures/expanding it can be done online quite easily by any of the other tech staff - even if they don't know linux. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!