XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

• XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

This Guide does not work with Debian Squeeze 6.0 (OMV 0.5) as the repo which is used for the docker installation is only for Debian Wheezy 7.0 (OMV 1.0)
      + a kernel later than 3.8!!!

Hi,

here a short tutorial how to get the newest XBMC up and running as a server version aka Libraryscanner.
      You probably think :"why som1 wants to do something like that!!? i scan with my client!!"

I use this version of xbmc to have a automated "libraryupdater"
      EXAMPLE: every time my downloadprogram (pyload) finished something it automatically sorts/renames the files into specified location and than tells my XBMC-server to rescan my Media.
      next time i turn on my XBMC client (RPi) - VOILA i have my movies and series already updated - no need to rescan manually with the client !!!
      forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?…19&pid=1730164#pid1730164
      github.com/wernerb/docker-xbmc-server

Steps to get XBMC-Server
      1. Install DOCKER

Source Code

1. apt-get install -y git curl
      2. wget http://get.docker.io/builds/Linux/x86_64/docker-latest -O /usr/bin/docker
      3. curl -o /etc/init.d/docker https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dotcloud/docker/master/contrib/init/sysvinit-debian/docker
      4. chmod +x /usr/bin/docker /etc/init.d/docker
      5. addgroup docker
      6. update-rc.d -f docker defaults
      7. cat << EOF > /etc/default/docker
      8. DOCKER_OPTS="-H 127.0.0.1:4243 -H unix:///var/run/docker.sock"
      9. EOF
      10. service docker restart

2. get wernerb's git sources

Source Code

1. mkdir /root/xbmc-server
      2. git clone https://github.com/wernerb/docker-xbmc-server.git /root/xbmc-server

3.change advancedsettings to suite your needs!

Source Code

1. nano /root/xbmc-server/xbmcdata/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

3.DONE - put this code as cron or call it whenever u need to scan / refresh the xbmc lib (this might take a while (max10min) at first run)

Source Code

1. docker run --net=host -v /root/xbmc-server/xbmcdata:/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data --entrypoint=/opt/xbmc-server/xbmcVideoLibraryScan wernerb/docker-xbmc-server --no-test --nolirc -p

The post was edited 19 times, last by Solo0815 ().

• Re: XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

As far as I know, tough beeing in jessie repo, docker works fone with the libs on wheezy. At least, last time I checked.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

ist nicht in wheezy implementiert. habs grad auf ner vm getestet.
      dafür hier ne funktionierende kurzanleitung

Source Code

1. touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
      2. echo deb http://get.docker.io/ubuntu docker main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
      3. apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 36A1D7869245C8950F966E92D8576A8BA88D21E9
      4. apt-get update
      5. apt-get install -y lxc-docker
      6. rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
      7. apt-get update

The post was edited 4 times, last by Gutz-Pilz ().

Bitte nicht mehr anleitungen mit Ubuntu quellen mehr erstellen, die sorgten in letzter zeit immer wieder für problem. Soweit ich weiß kann man auch einfach das paket aus den debian jessie quellen installieren, oder eben aus den backports.

Gruß
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

oo f**k. hab ich schon wieder nicht drauf geachtet... sorry
      ^^so vielleicht? oder noch die preferneces anpassen ?

Source Code

2. echo deb http://get.docker.io/ubuntu docker main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
      3. apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 36A1D7869245C8950F966E92D8576A8BA88D21E9
      4. apt-get update
      7. apt-get update

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gutz-Pilz ().

Entweder dass oder die sources hinterher wieder raushauen weil du dir anderweitig das system verbastelst.

Gruß
      David

Dann so ;) ??

Source Code

2. echo deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ jessie main >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
      3. echo deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ jessie main >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
      4. apt-get update
      5. apt-get install docker.io
      7. apt-get update

Perfetto.

Gruß
      David

habs grad eben nochmal getestet.
      funkioniert so nicht, egal was ich probier:

Source Code

1. unable to remount sys readonly: unable to mount sys as readonly max retries reached

für mich war das jetzt die einzig funktionierende variante.

WARNHINWEIS: benutzung auf eigene gefahr!!!
      whier wird temporär eine Ubuntu source hinzugefügt - das könnte andere pakete beeinflüssen und dazu führen das danach euer system nicht mehr so funktioniert wie vorher

Source Code

4. apt-get update
      7. apt-get update

das "touch" kannst du weglassen, "echo" erstellt und schreibt in die Datei
      "Glowing days. Don't cry because they are over. Smile because they happened." - Confucius

Server: 1x 32GB SSD (system) - 5x 2TB Data - 1x 2TB Snapraid-Parity - latest OMV 1.x
      No Support through PM
      Tutorials --- Howto install OMV-Extras --- Upgrade/Update-Problems --- If autoshutdown doesn' -work

You can skip the touch command. 'echo' creates the file too.

Greetings
      David

Probably with this, but I think this could lead to very high read I/O activity on your hard disk.

stackoverflow.com/questions/64…ch-folder-execute-command

Greetings
      David