[RESOLVED] Unable to log into gui

• I'm just starting this project up.

I made a couple of changes, via the gui to setup things (mostly turning on services and such), one of them being setting up ntp and changing the timezone.

A minute or so after this, I got kicked out of the gui and no longer able to log in. I am able to ssh in so was able to check logs and such and unable to find anything useful.

Anyone have suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks!

Brian

• Do you get any error message when you try to login?
    Via CLI you can type in the following command to help yourself - IF there is something wrong with anything you can reset with this CLI tool.

Code
    omv-firstaid

If you can´t find it, please post your config.xml

Code
    cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
  • Thanks for that command... looks useful, but really not any help here. When I attempt to log in to the gui, it looks like it attempts to log in and then drops back to the log in screen, if I use a bad password or invalid use, it does compain about that. so I think it's authenticating correctly.

Here is the config.xml *DOMAIN* *EMAIL* is there for sanitizing:

• Whats the output of

Code
    df -h

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Code
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sde1              15G  1.3G   13G  10% /
    tmpfs                 1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /lib/init/rw
    udev                  1.9G  172K  1.9G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                 1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /tmp
    /dev/mapper/Nas2A_vg-home_lv
                          508G  4.7M  508G   1% /media/3bec0418-cc2a-4d6c-bde6-f8780c0bd9db
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Whcih OMV version are you running?

I assume that the problem has something to do with the modified timezone, especially PHP (and Apache in OMV 0.5.x) does not recognise this. Due this fact the time() function does not return the correct time which forces a auto-logout because the timeout for the last webgui access is calculated incorrect.

Please restart the apache process on 0.5.x:

# monit restart apache2

For 0.6.x

# monit restart php5-fpm

• I'm running 0.5.51 - Yes, before setting the time zone in the gui I was seeing a lot of timezone errors. I have rebooted the system and it still doesn't let me log in.

Restarting apache2 does not fix anything.

This is what i was getting in the syslog after installation and prior to setting the timezone via the GUI.

Code
    Jul  1 21:49:46 nas2 php5: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul  1 21:49:46 nas2 omv-engined[28447]: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul  1 21:49:46 nas2 php5: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul  1 21:49:46 nas2 omv-engined[28449]: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
  • Ah thanks... but still no luck...
    restarted apache2 after running and then rebooted just to ensure everything was in sync...but still a no go..

I'm thinking the timezone issue is just a red herring for the actual issue, but until something useful shows up in the log file it'll be hard to track down.

Is there a way to "factory" reset without re-installing?

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you've ran omv-firstaid... have you tried clearing your browser cache before logging in? I've had similar issues in the past.

If you don't want to clear your cache to test this, just start Chrome, IE, or Firefox in "privacy mode".. which operates with a clear cache. See if you can log into the webUI from there. If it works, then it is simply a cache issue and you can clear your cache to correct the problem. It seems resetting the timezone from command line should have resolved this issue.

• Arg... Thanks for the help.. I really hate it when the browser gets in the way.

Cleared the cookies/browser data and it did the trick.

did get some good commands out of, again thanks!

Brian

• Offizieller Beitrag

You had to modify the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file, too.

Use 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata' to configure a correct time zone, execute 'cat /etc/timezone' and insert it into config.xml. After that you hopefully should be able to login.

• I have the same issue, I can't login in the web gui. I get the red blinking square after trying to login.
    I have tried all ideas mentioned above to no avail; cleared browser cache, restarting apache2, setting timezone.
    What can be wrong?

My system is 0.5.xx and is on esxi host.

OMV 1.5 (Kralizec) VM on ESXi | HP Microserver | Snapraid

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you restart openmediavault-engined?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

What does the square say?

Although not exactly the same, see below.

Mine says: "Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.
    Incorrect username or password.
    "

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Did you restart openmediavault-engined?

Yes, I restarted OMV several times.

The weird thing is that it worked for 2 weeks.
    I connected my OpenLDAP server, I added three data discs, installed aufs and snapraid (as per http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3004) and configured the whole setup. Than added some other services like SABnzbd and sickbeard. All this in a two weeks timeframe. I shutdown my system almost each night. Suddenly I got this message/error.
    By the way, I can startup the SABnzbd and sickbeard webgui. So Apache runs fine. Something with authentication is wrong. I do see my LDAP users in the CLI. I can search the LDAP directory on the other machine.

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

Obviously your username or your password is wrong... Are you able to login via SSH? If yes, type in

Code
    omv-firstaid

and reset your webUI password.

Like I said in my post, I have tried all ideas. Done this already. It doesn't work.
    Yes, I can login via SSH as root. AFAIK root has the same password as the 'admin' webUI user. Correct? So password is not the issue.

Just did another password reset via omv-firstaid and logged in with new password. My user.log says

Code
    Jul  9 21:08:59 artemis php5: Unauthorized login attempt from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [username='admin', user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_4) AppleWebKit/537.77.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.5 Safari/537.77.4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

admin is not the same user as root. What is the output of:

cat /etc/passwd | grep ^admin
    cat /etc/passwd | grep ^openmediavault
    groups admin
    groups openmediavault
    ls -al /var/www/openmediavault/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is no /home/openmediavault or /home/admin directory:

Code
    # ls /home/
    ftp  sabnzbd  sickbeard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!