Supermicro X7SPA-HO

• Fully works with OMV. Sure, it is not cheap, but it has everything you need for a NAS:

X6 SATA3 Connectors with RAID
    Full size PCIe slot at 4X speeds (more than enough for additional SATA controllers)
    Dual NIC, Intel
    On-board dedicated USB connector with DOM support

The board is very low power and is suitable for server applications, and can easily reach speeds of 124 MegaBytes a second (roughly 992 megabits a second) over SMB/CIFS and FTP. Works right out of the box and network bonding is fully functional. Completely passive, no active cooling needed. I can't make it justice here, but all I can say is that it was worth the price.

More info here: http://www.supermicro.com/prod…ATOM/ICH9/X7SPA.cfm?typ=H

• Hi,

Sounds like a nice board. I was planning to buy a X7SPA-H-D525, but this one seems to be a little cheaper.
    Where did you get it ?

Did you plan to use the USB Type A Connector to install OMV system? Could be the perfect motherboard if OMV was not such a USB stick killer... :(

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups