Own Cloud permission Problem

• Having some issues setting up "Owncloud", I was able to set it up in OMV and select the folder I want to share.
    but when I go to -> http://192.168.1.25/owncloud/ in firefox, I get the owncloud page and I get this error that's in this picture

The "Shared" folder I selected has other folders inside it. Im wondering should I make a separate folder inside of the Shared folder ONLY for owncloud?

The shared folder is broken down like this
    - Movies
    - OTHER
    - TORRENT
    - TV SHOWS
    - XBMC Backup

is it possible to have all these folder showing on own cloud??

How would I go about getting the owncloud plugin to work so I can give links to the stuff in my share to my friends?? for example would like to share a TV show I have in my share with my friend. Or upload pictures from my phone on the go to my cloud. How can I achieve this?

The way I been sharing my stuff with my friends are through the FTP plugin which is working great, But I would like to have the option to upload files to my OMV share when I am away from home.

By the way the Shared Drive is an NTFS formatted drive that is 4TB

any help appreciated

Thank You

• Zitat von "Diego1026"

The "Shared" folder I selected has other folders inside it. Im wondering should I make a separate folder inside of the Shared folder ONLY for owncloud?

This is the way I do it. If I have any files I want to share, I upload it to owncloud. So not all my files are available through owncloud.

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

This is the way I do it. If I have any files I want to share, I upload it to owncloud. So not all my files are available through owncloud.

So I created a "data" folder for owncloud data and a "cloud" folder so I can upload to when Im away inside the shared folder.
    so now when I go into http://192.168.1.25/owncloud/ I get this message

"Data directory (/media/382AC07C2AC03920//SHARED/OwnCloud/Data) is readable for other users
    Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users."

I tried doing chmod 0770 /media/382AC07C2AC03920/SHARED/OwnCloud/Data and also did
    chmod 0770 /media/382AC07C2AC03920//SHARED/OwnCloud/Data through SSH, but when I go to owncloud address I keep getting that error. I don't know what else to do

any help appreciated

• Owncloud is just a piece of sh*t software... waiting for the day Volker will delete all code for the plugin:

http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1298/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Owncloud is just a piece of sh*t software... waiting for the day Volker will delete all code for the plugin:

http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1298/

Greetings
    David

damn, it looks good to. but what a pain to setup. Any good alternative solutions to owncloud on OMV?
    im going to try to run an owncloud build in virtualbox, turnkey seems to have an owncloud iso. Fingers crossed that it works

• Someone mentioned cozy cloud and tekkbebe seemed to have had a look at it already... but we will see.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Cozy Cloud looked interesting but it seems the work on it has dwindled and no one is posting anymore in their forum. Sad because it seems to be running really well. I tried the demo. One thing that was really cool in Cozy Cloud was you could play music and go and use a different app. The music would still play in the background. That was kick ass. I was impressed. Someone should really e-mail these guys and ask them what is up with their project.

Volker's post on that link made me laugh. But I should not be laughing with all the time we have invested in ownCloud. Any project should not require so much effort for the end user to configure. Most mid level users, and below, are not even capable of setting up ownCloud on their own.

Zitat von "Diego1026"

By the way the Shared Drive is an NTFS formatted drive that is 4TB

PS- That is major problem that you are trying to share an NTFS drive. Bad! Bad! Bad! Use NTFS only to hook up a drive to OMV temporarily, to transfer data. All your normal use data drives should be Ext4. Then you wonder why Linux commands have no effect.

PPS- Don't go around doing this "chmod 0770". You should only deal with the last 3, so 770 ow whatever. You keep messing with chmod's 4 digits you are going to eventually screw something up.

PPPS- If you want to share TV Shows, Movies or Music you should use Plex for that. You can share your stuff in Plex. Your friend just need to create a Plex account and your share your server with him. This will stream way better for you friend over the net.

• ohh ok, I didn't know that NTFS was a problem under linux. I only have been using NTFS because I switched to OMV from windows home server 2008. So as I only have 1 NTFS 4TB data drive full with data, I have been using that. But I will get a 2nd 4TB drive and format it with Ext4 for use with OMV and will try setting up the owncloud again after I format to ext4 and move the data to it, to see if I can get it to work.

Yea your right, But I cloned the SSD that OMV is installed on, Pretty much a working copy with everything pre-installed. So in case I mess something up, I can just just re-image the OMV back to its original state in like 2-3 minutes, and i'LL be back in business. That backup saved me quite a few times from having to re-install OMV over again lol. I had to learn the hard way.

I already got Plex and use it myself to stream to my phone on the go. I Just noticed in plex where there are the 3 dots when you click on a TV show/movie, there is the option to download it...think I will share with my friends like that for now and through FTP, Been using FTP. But Im looking for a solution to be able to upload files from my phone on the go to my home/OMV machine...that would be awesome...

PS I tried the turnkey version of owncloud iso in Virtualbox on OMV. It worked, But I can't seem to figure out how to use a folder on the Physical drive instead of a virtual folder. Don't want to have my data saved to the Virtual HDD, but want it to be saved to the Physical.

Thanks for all the Tips-pointers, appreciate it

• Test in a VM and you get the answer. We do nothing else.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

VM = virtual machine

We typically use Virtualbox which does work on Ubuntu.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Neither of us has tried it yet, therefore its best if you try yourself.

Greetings
    David

• Just a wild guess: How about using the exact OS you want to know wether or not it works with? So... probably... hmm... the OpenMediaVault ISO... could be an idea?

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!