openmediavault 0.4.0.1

• The following changes for Fedaykin have been done:

• Mantis 0000595: Revert previous changes.

The package repository for the new version 0.4, which is called Fedaykin, is up. All plugin developers should adapt their plugins to the new xmlstarlet package. You simply have to replace the following XML entities:

Code
    " to \"
    &lt; to <
    &gt; to >
    &amp; to &

Have a look here or here for example.

To update an Omnius installation to Fedaykin you simply have to replace ‘omnius’ with ‘fedaykin’ in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list. After that execute the following commands:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    reboot

OpenMediaVault 0.3.x has a feature freeze and will only get bugfixes from now on. New features will be implemented in 0.4.x from today.

• Hi,

I just updated to OMV 0.4.0.1 using the steps described above.
    After the reboot, the WebUI looks a litte bit strange:

Is this because of the early stage of the 0.4.x codestream or is there any way to get back the full functionality of the WebUI?

Best regards,
    Patrick

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like you logged in using a username other than admin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "chclark"

Are there any major changes in V0.4 ?

Except the upgrade of the xmlstarlet package and the code adaption there are no changes. The next big thing will be 0.5 i am currently working on. The whole backend MUST be recoded because the current implementation is too limited, but 90% of the old code can be reused, only some class names must be renamed and some code must be removed or added. The greatest change will be that the RPC code is relocated into a daemon process which supports forking that will allow some new features of interacting between long taking processes and the webgui. Also config changes will not be applied immediately, instead they will be applied only if the users is pressing a special button in the webgui. The whole backend will be much more cleaner and powerful at the end. There will be be no changes in the webgui at all.

• Hello Volker,

and a great desire from me.....
    Since you are so well working at the new version 0.5, wouldn't it be a great idea to implement the possibility to backup the config ;). Ok, I know, the "plugin-questionability", but it's a new version, so a chance for a new beginning :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Michael

Zotac H55ITX-C-E Mainboard,
    8 GB RAM,
    i3-540 CPU,
    64GB Samsung 830 SSD,
    4x WD-GP 3TB (WD30EURS) Raid5,
    Chenbro ES34069 Server Chassis
    OMV 3.x

• To make iscsitarget work with 0.4.0.1 a change in file /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/iscsitarget is needed:

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts# diff iscsitarget iscsitarget.fix
    72c72
    < 		-m "luns/lun" -s A:N id \
    ---
    > 		-m "luns/lun" -s A:N:L id \
    • Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "d4rkstar"

To make iscsitarget work with 0.4.0.1 a change in file /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/iscsitarget is needed:

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts# diff iscsitarget iscsitarget.fix
    72c72
    < 		-m "luns/lun" -s A:N id \
    ---
    > 		-m "luns/lun" -s A:N:L id \

Thanks for reporting that issue.

• I'm testing a setup with A/P DRBD on OMV 0.4.

I've almost setup everything and would like to share my experience with the developers and the community: what do you suggest? Should I open a new forum topic?

Some little design changes may be required to some OMV plugins to keep easy the integration of DRBD on OMV.

• with omv 0.5 coming up would it be an idea to replace the 2.6 kernel with e.g. 3.6.x or is a custom built kernel up to the end user?
    I run currently omv with kernel 3.5.5, there might be an issue with file systems after upgrading from 2.6 to 3.x so not entirely safe I guess

• OMV 0.5 will be based on Debian Wheezy, which on itself will have kernel 3.x as far as I understand it. No custom or experimental versions of the kernel will be released with it. But since is Linux and you are your own admin, we can't stop you from doing it ;)

• Is the move to Wheezy going to happen via apt-get dist-upgrade? Or is this a re-install affair?
    (I've still not moved from Omnius to Fedaykin yet, primarily as I can't see clearly if all the plugins are migrated cleanly)

• A simple change to the apt-get sources file will be enough when the time comes, but the update should be done from console and not from webgui.

• I don't think there will be 32 bit or 64 bit install ISO of .4. You can upgrade from .3.x.x versions, either 32 bit or 64 bit, of OMV to .4.x.x. Not sure on. 5 yet as Volker has not said much.

• Zitat von "Spy Alelo"

OMV 0.5 will be based on Debian Wheezy, which on itself will have kernel 3.x as far as I understand it. No custom or experimental versions of the kernel will be released with it. But since is Linux and you are your own admin, we can't stop you from doing it ;)

im wondering, is any armhf/armel support planed for future OMV releases (eg. 0.5)? :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!