• Hi all, I have seen an heavily ongoing discussion concerning OMV 6.0.
    I learned a lot about pro and cons concerning ZFS, anyway I would be interested when approx. the first beta will come out.

I know it's maybe a tough question and normally I should never ask it, but I need to do the move from FreeNas to OMV.

How easy would it be to get updated into OMV 6.0?

regards
    openalf

• First beta iso, not too far away.

ZFS plugin will be delayed and not ready for release as the two devs are busy with theire personal life.

Oh and it was 0.6, not 6.0.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Probably best to start with 0.6 right away.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You can install it already manually... ;)

Just install Wheezy and OpenMediaVault afterwards.

Greetings
    David

• Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

Greetings
    David

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tomekk"

Do you guys have plans for existing 0.5 installs ? Will a full update script (0.5 > 0.6 and squeeze > wheezy) be available in the near future ?

omv-release-upgrade is already on your system if you are running the latest 0.5.52 and it does both.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ooops, my bad ^^

So, I ran the script, I rebooted my system and now the GUI is not working. When I try to start apache2 service, I got this :

Starting web server: apache2apache2: Syntax error on line 230 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui: No such file or directory
    Action 'start' failed.

• ls -la /etc/apache2/

• cat /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 0.6.0.11+ uses nginx now. I uninstall all apache packages on my system.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You will get exactly the same installer like you would get with an OpenMediaVault iso...

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tomekk"

Ooops, my bad ^^

So, I ran the script, I rebooted my system and now the GUI is not working. When I try to start apache2 service, I got this :

Starting web server: apache2apache2: Syntax error on line 230 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui: No such file or directory
    Action 'start' failed.

Execute

Code
    a2dissite openmediavault-webgui

to get rid of the missing symlink.

• A question, I thought the final of OMV comes end of June. How far away is the final release?

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!