calibre on OMV.6 and recurssion

• Hi,

I have Calibre installed and running on OMV v.6

can anyone confirm whether recursive import is working on this plugin (as all my books are in subfolders (from a previous windows based calibre install).

if not, is there a way to make it recursive ?

thanks

Dan.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you look at the changelog, I added the --recurse flag in version 0.5.4. So, yes it does a recursive import.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

If you look at the changelog, I added the --recurse flag in version 0.5.4. So, yes it does a recursive import.

sorry, where would I find the change log and is the --recurse flag automatically set

the reason i ask is that my books are stored as follows

Code
    /media/UUID/books/calibre import/author/title/book files in different formats

when I point the import at the "books" shared folder and press import it does nothing at all.

thanks

Dan.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess the changelog is only easy to see when there is an update in the Updates tab. Here is the changelog on github.

The --recurse flag is always used. I wrote the plugin but I don't use calibre. So, not sure why it isn't importing unless it isn't finding anything (wrong format, wrong permissions, etc.) It might also be having issues with the spaces in the directory/file names??

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I guess the changelog is only easy to see when there is an update in the Updates tab. Here is the changelog on github.

The --recurse flag is always used. I wrote the plugin but I don't use calibre. So, not sure why it isn't importing unless it isn't finding anything (wrong format, wrong permissions, etc.) It might also be having issues with the spaces in the directory/file names??

appreciate as a non calibre user its difficult for you to diagnose ... is there any logging :!:

Dg

• Offizieller Beitrag

Found some problems with the plugin. Let me fix :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-calibre 1.0 is in the kralizec-testing repo.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

openmediavault-calibre 1.0 is in the kralizec-testing repo.

close but no cigar!

I get the below when pressing import.

Sorry

D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you clear your browser cache? Even refreshing the page works for me.

• reinstalled after doing an apt-get --purge remove

then hit the update calibre button to get the latest.

then configured and started the service.

with service enabled selected import directory and pressed import .. currently sat at a completely blank import screen (circa 20 minutes so far) ... there are about 30,000 books to import in my library, but no progress updates in the status window yet.

thought maybe the web ui would give me a clue as to progress but no go, when i click on all books i get a 500 internal server error.

Dg

• Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't need to uninstall. The web interface had a minor change so the change wasn't reloaded until you refresh the page or cleared the cache.

You also don't need to update if you just installed the plugin. The plugin downloads the latest version when it is installed.

My test with 7 books was fast. I don't think it gives any output until it has search everything. It should work. The good news is that it keeps running even if you close the browser. I would guess 30,000 books would take a long time. I will add some more output and see if calibre has a verbose option.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!