HDD Sleep - any logs?

• Hi - are HHD sleep and/or wake events logged ... if so can you help me find where?

Also - within the Physical Disk Properties I set APM to 254 (max perf.), AAM to Max too ... and sleep after 60m - the disks should still sleep after 60 mins right? Even thou' i didn't select an APM mode which spins down the drives?

Cheers!

• Hi,

can you tell us, what drives you have?

First of all, it cannot be logged if drives go to sleep. That is a function of the drive and is not controlled by the OS: You set the parameter on the drive and the drive spins down, if nothing happens.

I am not sure if it spins down at all if you set APM and AAM to 254.

However every access to the disks within the 60 minutes period will avoid the sleep. E.g. Running databases (mysql) or other processes working and constantly checking stuff etc. Getting this to work in a NAS is pretty hard. I am not sure if this is currently working.

Question to all:
    Has someone implemented this feature successfull? My NAS is running a mysql database and I do not expect the disks to spin down.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Many users are using spindown, but some have problems with rates over 30mins, tough below that it seems to be working on the data drives most of the time.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!