[SOLVED] OpenVPN Install Failure

• Having upgraded to V0.5.53 (uninstalled all plugins via scrip first) I wanted to re-install the openvpn plugin. But after installing it and enabling it I get the following error...
    Looks like the plugin is different form the one I had installed (which you had to setup ports, enter public address, create server certs etc)

Install logs:

• Don't use those instructions.... I just saw you are on .5.53. Ryeco needs to look at this.

You need the 32bit or 64bit Debian 6 package from here.

https://openvpn.net/index.php/…/113.html?osfamily=Debian

If you install the correct package it should work for you. I don't know what is going on with the repo but it did not seem to download. Aaron had a problem yesterday and I don't know if it is relate. From your error above it is not finding the init script like the package is not installed. The plugin but not the openvpn access server.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You had the openvpn plugin installed and you install the openvpn-as plugin. What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openvpn
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

You had the openvpn plugin installed and you install the openvpn-as plugin. What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openvpn
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Ok So installed the plugin again to get this output:-

root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep openvpn
    rc openmediavault-openvpn 0.4+0~1355673036.3~1.gbp7b7baf OpenMediaVault OpenVPN (VPN server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-openvpnas 1.0.3 OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openvpn-as 2.0.8-Debian6 openvpn-as

root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii openmediavault 0.5.53 Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-btsync 0.5.6 BitTorrent Sync plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.2 GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-minidlna 0.4+0~1355675183.5~1.gbpa4376d OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-mysql 0.5.13 MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-nut 0.5.10 OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 0.6.22.1 OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc openmediavault-openvpn 0.4+0~1355673036.3~1.gbp7b7baf OpenMediaVault OpenVPN (VPN server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-openvpnas 1.0.3 OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 0.5.18 OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin

• Downloaded openvpn-as-2.0.10-Debian6.amd_64.deb, but when attempting to upload via plugins get 'error'
    Checked logs and can see this...

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't install a non-plugin using the web interface. I just updated the openvpn-as deb in the repo. So, do the following as root:

apt-get purge openmediavault-openvpn
    apt-get update
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-openvpnas

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!